You have the power to retire 5 fighters

FutureBwChamp

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Overeem: Most ko losses of anyone on the roster. Arlovski: Let's not forget several years ago he was shut off several times and has still been taking tko's during his comeback stretch. JDS: Cain ruined him and he has only taken more. Diego Sanchez: The guys will is respectable but he literally thinks hes going to be champion still he needs to hang them up. Fedor: Offensively he is still very good but his chin a shot

Can i retire some sherdog posters instead?
If yes then i would like to start with you TS.

Overeem
Mike Perry
Tyrone
The Weidman
Cormier

Conduit
Sanchez
Barao
Shogun
Any one of the HW's you mentioned

If we're talking about other promotions then at least 10 Bellator fighters should definitely retire.

Conduit
Sanchez
Barao
Shogun
Any one of the HW's you mentioned

If we're talking about other promotions then at least 10 Bellator fighters should definitely retire.
I forgot about shogun, that Anthony Smith standing KO was brutal and he has takin crazy damage. Is Barao even on the roster still?

I honestly don't think Overeem is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Like yeah, guy has his fair share of fights that ended with him on the floor out of it and if he did call it quits i'd say it's probably a solid idea. But he never really takes a bad beating to get there. Just a few quick shots sneak through and he's down. And if he's winning he's usually eviscerating his opponent so not taking damage there either. He still seems pretty damn sharp mentally any time I hear him speak. It's the guys like Sanchez, Shogun and others i'm just not mentioning that just get involved in brutal wars. Many minutes on end of receiving harsh punishment in multiple fights that are the ones that worry me. I tend to not like saying when I think guys should retire as it really happens too often around here. But in a vacuum being asked the question those would be the 2 names in the ufc that i'd say really should consider pumping the brakes. Both of them have 15+ years in the game and a track record of some hellish encounters. And I know shogun has been through a ton of shit in training too cause Chute Boxe was a brutal envioronment where the prepping for fights, was basically just full fighting your gym mates every day who were also killers

weidman
shogun
holly holm
carlos condit
dom cruz

the game has evolved beyond them now

I honestly don't think Overeem is nearly as bad as people make it out to be. Like yeah, guy has his fair share of fights that ended with him on the floor out of it and if he did call it quits i'd say it's probably a solid idea. But he never really takes a bad beating to get there. Just a few quick shots sneak through and he's down. And if he's winning he's usually eviscerating his opponent so not taking damage there either. He still seems pretty damn sharp mentally any time I hear him speak. It's the guys like Sanchez, Shogun and others i'm just not mentioning that just get involved in brutal wars. Many minutes on end of receiving harsh punishment in multiple fights that are the ones that worry me. I tend to not like saying when I think guys should retire as it really happens too often around here. But in a vacuum being asked the question those would be the 2 names in the ufc that i'd say really should consider pumping the brakes. Both of them have 15+ years in the game and a track record of some hellish encounters. And I know shogun has been through a ton of shit in training too cause Chute Boxe was a brutal envioronment where the prepping for fights, was basically just full fighting your gym mates every day who were also killers
Go check out the thread that just got posted about over in it is gifs of most of his ko's

I forgot about shogun, that Anthony Smith standing KO was brutal and he has takin crazy damage. Is Barao even on the roster still?

Barao recently lost on the prelims of a fight night to an unranked 34 year old.

Most of the fighters I’d want to retire, I would rather see knocked out a few more times

Muhammad Ali
Smokin Joe Fraser
Buster Douglas
Mike Tyson
George Foreman

Pre Rockhold Bisping.
Pre Bisping GSP
Pre Bisping Hendo

I’m still triggered that MW got so fucked up.

Ali Abdelaziz
BJ Penn

I don't think Weidman should retire yet. Need to see Daddy's Boy get KOd a few more times.

Go check out the thread that just got posted about over in it is gifs of most of his ko's
Oh i'm aware of the nature of how he gets finished, and some are definitely brtual. I just mean it usually dosen't take a lot to get him to the point of where he starts to get played like a bongo drum. If he were the type of guy who would eat hard punches for a good 5-10 minutes straight before finally falling over and getting finished like that or just scratching his way to a decision in a manner like that he'd be far worse off. I'll use shogun as an example. Like when shogun was just getting slapped all over the place by jones for the better part of 3 rds before falling over, or those grueling wars with Hendo he had where they kicked the living shit of each other until the end bell. Overeem almost never is in fights that draw on that long with that level of damage being handed out to him. Now i'm certainly not saying that we should just ignore that he's been stopped 14 times by strikes in mma hence why i said it'd probably be a good idea if he did decide to hang it up. But all things considered, he's still competitive against top 10 guys and is still seemingly there mentally. To me it's when it's a combination of clearly eating lots of damage, and clearly skidding far down the ranks of where you once were is when it's the real come to jesus time. But again, to each their own. Overeem probably should be retiring soon, i just don't think he's quite as egregious as some make it out to be. Guys like Shogun and Sanchez are the front runners to me I just always see Overeem as the biggest name mentioned. Shogun is a former champion, and Sanchez is a former consistent top5-10 fighter and a former title challenger. And neither are even in the top 15 of their division anymore and are the same age as Overeem while fighting in styles not conducive to longevity. Meanwhile Overeem is still healthy enough to be ranked 8th and has somewhat recent wins over ranked opponents in the top 15. And his recent losses are to guys in the top 5. One of which he was way ahead of on scorecards for 24 minutes of fighting before getting clipped by a single shot that didn't even actually put him out, and that guy is a known power puncher. That to me dosen't scream 'This guy must retire". Sure it's probably not great for his health to have been finished that many times, but neither is fighting in general. As long as he passes his CT scans, and isn't showing very clear signs of heavy physical or mental decline i think he's alright for now.

Only 2 fighters I know we need to retire, and that is Proper 12 and Masvidal tequila, GTFO that shit from our training and healthy living our prime time goddam life

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back