You guys think Paulie has any chance tonight?

Sekimoto

White Belt
Reaction score
Some tempting looking odds on Paulie at Bet365, sitting at +550 right now. This is a weird fight as I think Paulie offers a difficult task for DSG. I think the fight will be close and I don't know if the judges will favor Garcia if it goes to the scorecards. I've asked this question over on Boxing Revolution (www.boxrev.boards.net) as well but I'd like to get a better universal opinion. Seems like a fight that might be worth while taking a risk on. What do you guys think?

maybe, because of the style matchup

but I think he's to shot at this point.

Well, try not to pay attention to all the people here wishing Paulie was dead. They're awful. But he does have good boxing skills and his style could give Danny some problems. But Paulie is old and a bit shopworn. Danny is young and in his prime. I see Garcia taking a 9-3 or 8-4 decision. I don't think Paulie is worth putting money down on here though. This might be his retirement fight.

#letpaulielive

Danny Garcia to win via decision is actually sitting at +100 right now. Didn't even notice that before, now those are some solid odds.

Thanks guys.

Slim chance.

Garcia sort of needs a guy to stand at mid range to land those counters and Paulie DOES like to fight there sometimes.

Paulie is a pretty smart analyst though, its possible he might show up with a smart gameplan and box the perfect fight.

Well, try not to pay attention to all the people here wishing Paulie was dead. They're awful. But he does have good boxing skills and his style could give Danny some problems. But Paulie is old and a bit shopworn. Danny is young and in his prime. I see Garcia taking a 9-3 or 8-4 decision. I don't think Paulie is worth putting money down on here though. This might be his retirement fight.

#letpaulielive

It is pretty sad how overly sensitive some of those Pac fans are but you have to understand that they simply aren't that bright. They're fans of a man, not the sport he competes in. Not only do they not understand figurative speaking but they don't understand that a pro fighter speaking his mind is not that big of a deal.

#letpaulielive

Got em!!!

For 2 rounds... in making Danny look very ordinary but then Danny takes over and stops him late

The pac fans still havent gotten over Paulie's candid analysis? Haha, jesus. Anyways, I do like the style match up here as well, but Garcia is fast. I haven't been following Paulie's training recently, but if he comes up in good form, good timing, he has a chance. Hopefully he'll at least make it a fight. I don't have any $ on him though, its on Campbell by stoppage. Kid is a beast.

Slim...very slim. I think Paulie from a few years ago maybe, Paulie now, maybe 5%.

I think Paulie can pretty easily outbox Danny and he will for awhile at least. The problem is that he has no power at all and Danny is known to swing for the fences when the opportunity presents itself. Put a guy in front of him who can't hurt him and bad things will happen.

I am rooting for Paulie and really hoping the new weight class stunts Danny's power enough to make it a boxing match instead of a fight but I would not lay any kind of money down at all.

From my inside Anonymous sources(RR), danny fucked off training camp. Wouldn't be surprised to see a competitive fight

#letpaulielive

Co-signed.

#paulieslivematters

No.

Swift via bombbbbb squadddddddd

From my inside Anonymous sources(RR), danny fucked off training camp. Wouldn't be surprised to see a competitive fight

Yikes. Hope not. He fades late anyways. He might not want to give up too many rounds here.

#keeppauliealive

My sauces still expect danny to win, but went as far as putting 100$ on paulie.

Could see Malignaggi using a fast jab and footwork to out-maneuvre and out-point Garcia. I wouldn't say that's likely, but probably more likely than the odds indicate.

I don't see Paulie getting out of this one standing. Expect Garcia to overwhelm him, actually. Paulie of several years back and this is competitive, but tonight will not be.

#Pauliegondie

#paulieslifematters... Regardless, he will get rekt tonight.

If this ends brutally, expect Paulie to retire. He's hoping to put up a decent enough fight so even if he loses he can call out Pac. I think he sees the final bell, but will look bad tonight.

#keeppauliealive

Back