You guys are underestimating Stephen Thompson

Chael_Sonnen

I'm the reason Waldo is hiding.
@Black
Reaction score
He's a top contender, for sure. I wouldn't be suprised if he starched Luque. IK his last 2 fights were losses, but in one of them he arguably won, and in the other he was dominating up until the point he got KO's. Which was his first KO ever! EVER!
He has a lot of miles left in the tank, with an unorthodox style that lends itself well to aging. Look at Lyoto Machida, who also uses a Karate style. He's 42, and has been hit and KO's far more times than Wonderboy.

Bottom line is, I think Wonderboy wins vs Luque, then moves back into the top 3, possible getting a titleshot in the future.
Also, y'all are forgetting that he was 1 win (pettis) away from getting a titleshot vs Usman.

I think the majority are picking Wonderboy, I expect he'll he a slight betting favourite too

Luque gets slept on by everybody. I wouldn’t be surprised if this fight was his coming out party either. He’s only lost 1 in his last 11 and is on a pretty nice streak now.

The betting odds will likely be fairly close with wonderboy getting the edge.

Is wb stil even in his prime?i dont think hel wear a ufc belt

I love Luque, entertaining brawler with heart, but a technician like Wonderboy will pick him apart.

Fan of WB, but concerned .....I’m 50/50 on this one..

I suppose these is a question around Wonderboy's chin coming off a KO loss, Luque has the power to put him out

Pettis needs a easy bounce back fight, he should rematch wonderboy so he can knock him out again.

Well he’s lost a lot recently. If he gets back to his winning ways I’m sure the hype will come back

Wonderboy is like 300 times better than anyone Luque has fought yet. This is only really a test to see if Wonderboy is still the same Wonderboy or if retirement looms.

I know he can win, but I'd prefer Luque win.

I love Luque, entertaining brawler with heart, but a technician like Wonderboy will pick him apart.
completely agree

Luque is good, but what will he do when he cant punch Stephen?

but anything is possible

To me, Wonderboy still beats most WWs. Including Masvidal which he already beat, along with Diaz, etc.

It was wonderboys first time being finished but he has been knocked down many times.

Luque gets slept on by everybody. I wouldn’t be surprised if this fight was his coming out party either. He’s only lost 1 in his last 11 and is on a pretty nice streak now.

The betting odds will likely be fairly close with wonderboy getting the edge.

Don't forget, all those 10 wins are all finishes aswell.

He's a top contender, for sure. I wouldn't be suprised if he starched Luque. IK his last 2 fights were losses, but in one of them he arguably won, and in the other he was dominating up until the point he got KO's. Which was his first KO ever! EVER!
He has a lot of miles left in the tank, with an unorthodox style that lends itself well to aging. Look at Lyoto Machida, who also uses a Karate style. He's 42, and has been hit and KO's far more times than Wonderboy.

Bottom line is, I think Wonderboy wins vs Luque, then moves back into the top 3, possible getting a titleshot in the future.
Also, y'all are forgetting that he was 1 win (pettis) away from getting a titleshot vs Usman.

Wonderboy is elite but he clearly is in a decline since 2017 and he has always been chinny. Luque has good volume and power, if he connects he finishes him.

Wonderboy is like 300 times better than anyone Luque has fought yet. This is only really a test to see if Wonderboy is still the same Wonderboy or if retirement looms.
I see it more as continuing WB’s demotion to “gatekeeper with a name” role in the division as his career winds down

Last edited:
His style doesnt age well.
But we dunno how go luque really is. Its an interesting match up thay show usbwhere 2 guy are at in their career

Back