• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

You cant let him go that deep and stop it - Margarito made some new fans tonight

Steakeater**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is likely Margos last fight, let him finish his last 3 rounds like a warrior.

At least we will remember him like one. I feel really really bad for Marg, saw him train a few days ago, trained real damn hard and all

Ive honestly never felt so bad for a fighter before, especially when he let out that moan in dissappointment. Margarito made me a fan tonight

The New York crowd was awesome. Lots of boos and cheers, made it seem like a UFC fight

No sympathy for margacheato.Ever.
He could have killed cotto,or any other boxer he faced with those wraps.Why feel sorry for him?

+1 awesome crowd.

First couple of rounds, everytime a big shot was landed, the crowd went crazy. It's like Thai crowed going crazy everytime a clean knee is throw in a clinch.

Wouldnt say I have sympathy, but dude showed some heart tonight. Hope it is his last fight, its safe to say that he is done

This is likely Margos last fight, let him finish his last 3 rounds like a warrior.

At least we will remember him like one. I feel really really bad for Marg, saw him train a few days ago, trained real damn hard and all

Ive honestly never felt so bad for a fighter before, especially when he let out that moan in dissappointment. Margarito made me a fan tonight

If you're a fan of him, you'd want the best for his well being. And yea, Karma is a bitch. The wraps made Cotto bleed out of every orafice and yet the Margo team still made fun of the plaster accusation and also Freddy Roach's condition. I have 0 pity for him, I do however feel bad for his wife.

i definently felt bad for him, karmas a bitch but still there was no proof that he did have loaded gloves in the first fight even though i still side on thef act that he most likely did. Itll never be clear that he did

you idiots margarito loaded his gloves for the mosely fight because mosely was juicing up. he didn't have loaded wraps in his first fight with cotoo or any other fight. only reason cotto won this time was because of margaritos permanently damged eye.

you idiots margarito loaded his gloves for the mosely fight because mosely was juicing up. he didn't have loaded wraps in his first fight with cotoo or any other fight. only reason cotto won this time was because of margaritos permanently damged eye.

:icon_lol: take it easy bro. just be thankful we had a good fight tonight. it's not like you lost money on Marg or anything right? :icon_lol:

He should just retire and pursue his new career as a Mexican drug pusher...He has the perfect look for a cartel.

No sympathy for margacheato.Ever.
He could have killed cotto,or any other boxer he faced with those wraps.Why feel sorry for him?

Agreed.

Margarito should be banned from the sport of boxing. Loaded gloves can kill a boxer. If you saw him fight with regular wraps tonight, you could see that difference in his punching power. Cotto looked almost unscathed at the end of the 9th round. The fight was stopped before the 10th but Cotto still had a ton of energy to box and move. He is a much better fighter than Margarito. Margarito would have never beaten him in the first fight had he not cheated.

-J

Bla Bla Bla. Is he a "warrior"? Maybe. But if you had a chin like him, and punches obviously didn't really bother you because you have a huge pain tolerance, does that make you a warrior or an idiot that you keep coming forward with an obvious broken bone (pacquiao fight) risking your eye sight (pac&cotto) or risking severe brain damage (mosley)?

I have some respect for these warrior type boxers on one hand, on the other I think they're idiots. They make their careers unnecessarily shorter, as they will be shot sooner than those who fight smart. A prime example for that is the epitome of Philadelphia style boxing/fighting Meldrick Taylor. He could have easily outpointed Chavez. But nooo. I have pride. I'm a philly fighter. I look like my whole face is one big swelling. But hey, I'm a philly fighter right? I almost cried, when I saw his interviews around 2002 and onwards. I mean that. And I'm not ashamed to say it.

But Margarito... he could have 10 more warrior performances like that, and I would still not be a fan. Why? Even if he "only" cheated in the Mosley fight (and he can deny knowledge of it all he wants, I'm not a pro fighter, but I'd notice if someone put something in my wraps that doesn't belong there) he was still willing to seriously hurt and potentially kill another man for his own personal gain. That's just wrong, whichever way you look at it. I will never respect him, nor be a fan. Sure you can go ahead and say "What does he care, you're a nobody bla bla bla." That's true. But at least I would never put anything illegal into my body/gloves in order to win a fight, even if I'm not half the boxer he is.

Say what you will, Marg epitomizes the definition of a warrior, nobody can deny that.

Marg cheated against Mosley and who knows who else before he got found out, I will never feel sorry for him. He got what he deserved tonight.

He should just retire and pursue his new career as a Mexican drug pusher...He has the perfect look for a cartel.

This lol.

I swear Margarito reminded me of Gaffe, the Mexican Drug Cartel hitman from Breaking Bad:

breaking-bad-4x09-gaff-cap-15.png

Antonio-Margarito-640x454.jpg

Back