Yoshida derrotou Royce Gracie ?

Yoshida beat that ass
But the Gracie Mob whined as usual

Yoshida was really underrated. He could have been one of the Japanese GOATs if he came over at the start of PRIDE and got to beat a few easier guys instead of starting halfway through and getting thrown to the wolves.

A draw with a smaller guy is a moral loss, wont u agree?

I do not agree that the Gracies say that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is superior to Judo and all other martial arts, Helio Gracie before the fight said he had taught everything he knew to Royce Gracie and that Yoshida would have no chance to win.

I do not agree that the Gracies say that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is superior to Judo and all other martial arts, Helio Gracie before the fight said he had taught everything he knew to Royce Gracie and that Yoshida would have no chance to win.
U were expectin´Helio to say that he taught very little to Hoyce and that he was gonna lose?

I remember Ryan going off at yoshida at Bushido. It was classic

Which one is Ryan ?
The one who died of OD and stole a car and injured civilians ?
Anyway, sounds as a Gracie alright
Jumping someone off guard with a surrounding mob.

Yeah, Yoshida was so out of his prime that he would go on to beat Mark Hunt 6 months later, and take Wanderlei Silva to a split decision in an absolute war less than a year later.

Right.

Gold medal in the Olympics in 1992 at 173 pounds. No Olympic medals in 1996 or 2000. World champion in 1999, though that means much less than Olympics in judo. Retired from judo in 2000 because he was no longer able to win at high levels for various reasons, a key one being a bad knee injury which cost him his mobility and ability to train hard.

Grappled with Royce in 2002, and then competed in MMA ... ten years after his only Olympic medal. Weighed in at 225 pounds (50 pounds heavier than his most successful judo weight), and from weigh-ins its clear that almost all of that weight was fat - he was lean and muscular when winning the gold, pudgy when competing in MMA.

Yeah, I'd call that being out of his prime. So would most people I'd think. Don't get me wrong, he was a great judoka, amazing technique, and if he hadn't injured his knee (which led to his gaining weight over the years) he probably would have won more Olympic medals, and done very well in MMA. But the Yoshida that was in MMA was a slow, fat shadow of what he was in 1992 when he was at his prime.

Back