Yoon Dong Sik signs with ROAD FC (will debut at ROAD FC 16)

Fork

Sumo
@Gold
Reaction score
PRIDE fighter Yoon Dong-Sik has signed to ROAD FC and will make his debut at ROAD FC 016!

29xwuj6.jpg

PRIDE fighter Yoon Dong-Sik has signed to ROAD FC and will make his debut at ROAD FC 016!

During Japan's heyday of Mixed Martial Arts, Yoon Dong-Sik (41, Team Yoon) was a premier Korean fighter known as the "Armbar King", whose signature move was called the "Dongbar". He was a multiple international Gold Medalist in Judo and a Bronze Medalist at the World Championships before he transitioned to Mixed Martial Arts. Yoon made his debut in PRIDE alongside the world's best Middleweights, and fought some of the best Light Heavy and Heavyweights, such as Sakuraba, Melvin Manhoef, Rampage Jackson, and Murilo Bustamante.

Yoon made his successful return to MMA last year, bringing his winning streak to three in a row. Now he will continue his comeback in ROAD FC 016. We will announce his top-level opponent soon!

Really glad to see this news on ROAD FC's website. I'm a huge fan of Yoon Dong Sik, and it was great to see him make a comeback in the smaller organizations in Korea, but I want to see him face tougher competition which ROAD can give him.

23rrber.gif

This might be the best news in the last week

Great! :D He's a legend

has wins over Saffiedine and Manhoef too

It would be cool if they signed Kazuo Misaki too (don't know if he's retired, though).

It would be cool if they signed Kazuo Misaki too (don't know if he's retired, though).

officially retired, I think he had the retirement bout in DEEP with a kickboxing match

The dongbar returns! Yoon Dong Sik by dongbar, every time.

Where has he been these last few years?

he did have two fights in 2013:

(not on fight finder)

but yeah, i have no idea what he or the other team yoon guys have been up to.

Back