Yogurt

fwb

White Belt
Reaction score
I've gotten in the habbit of eating a container of yogurt for my 2nd to last small meal of the day (after dinner around 10 pm). I eat it for the caesin protein and live cultures. However I noticed it has 43g of sugar per serving, and that seems like a lot to me. Is this that bad for my diet? I have a glass of milk + whey 3 hours later then its off to bed.

Shop around..most have a good amount of sugar but there are plenty with alot less than that.

Atkins makes a good yogurt. Heres the nutritional info:
Serving Size 1 container (6 oz. or 170g)
Calories 80
Fat Calories 10
Cholesterol 10mg
Sodium 80mg
Total Carb 4g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 12g

Yoplait makes a fat free yogurt with less sugar.
Serving Size 1 container
Calories 100
Total fat 0
Cholesterol less than 5 mg
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbs 19 g
Sugar 14 g
Protein 5 g

Ok, thanks.

So you are saying that yes, that is too much sugar for a late meal? I don't mind yogurt having the sugar, it actually tastes really good, but I want to change if it is significantly hurting my diet.

That's a lot of sugar. I wouldn't do it every night. On the other hand, that Atkins yogurt looks pretty nice. Where do you buy it and is it 50cents per yogurt like the others?

Valgarv said:
That's a lot of sugar. I wouldn't do it every night. On the other hand, that Atkins yogurt looks pretty nice. Where do you buy it and is it 50cents per yogurt like the others?
It was like $1 a cup. You can buy it at acme.

I eat the cream line yogurt from like Trader Joes but scoop out all of the cream line. It says it has 12 grams of sugar per serving but it seems like some of that would come out with the cream line or is that just all the fat?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back