Yoel Romero vs Adesanya

Sijara Romero

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We know this fight is official, but this is about what would happen in this fight. We understand that Adesanya has some serious KO and so does Romero, but Romero is known to change a fighter for life:

- Weidman became a stroke victim and half is face is gone basically
- Rockhold became chalk and now gets KOd easily
- Whittaker is borderline CTE and prone to injuries because of his 2 wars.
- Costa has now needed surgery for ligament tearing which will affect his future performance, especially as Sherdogs Natty Vegan.

But what will become of Adeysana? We know if he wins, there is a high probability he won't be the same, so what will be the injury that will change him from facing Romero?

Injury that will change Adeysanya:

- KitKat break (Anderson's leg snap)
- Orbital fractures (Romero eye)
- ACL/MCL/PCL/Minicus tears (Santos style)
- Broken nose (Rory vs Robbie 1 style)
- Jaw break (Colby style, but I am sure Hendo' was worse)
- Caved in skull (Cyborg taking a knee to the head)
- Other (Specify)

If Adeysanya gets KOd he becomes Romero' wife and after fight Kisses happens with "I luv joo".

Last edited:
I see it going somewhat similar to the rockhold fight

hopefully kiss included

Adesanya is going to have to win on cardio and volume. Late workrate TKO or decision is his best bet. Dance circles around Romero and take him to the later rounds.

As for him having “KO power” that’s laughable, he’s incredibly accurate but he doesn’t generate a lot of natural power. Whittaker had to run into his punches like drunken windmilling brawler to get KO’d.

I'm worried about the Romero curse, win or lose. We saw what happened last time Romero got his hands on the "future of the division". Yoel ruins young champs

<6>

Adesanya is much smarter than his past opponents and should match up nicely. He will pick him apart with his long range frame and jab. Yoel has taken tremendous damage too but I am still excited for the fight. I just hope Yoel makes the weight.

Adesanya is going to have to win on cardio and volume. Late workrate TKO or decision is his best bet. Dance circles around Romero and take him to the later rounds.

As for him having “KO power” that’s laughable, he’s incredibly accurate but he doesn’t generate a lot of natural power. Whittaker had to run into his punches like drunken windmilling brawler to get KO’d.

Accuracy does convert to KO btw, hitting a necessary point is enough to KO them, look at how badly Kelvin was done in and he is the bloated tank of Middleweight of the division.

I wish I could add a poll regarding places that Adesanya will be changed, but will need a Mod to do that. Instead will add a listing at the end of my original post.

Accuracy does convert to KO btw, hitting a necessary point is enough to KO them, look at how badly Kelvin was done in and he is the bloated tank of Middleweight of the division.

I wish I could add a poll regarding places that Adesanya will be changed, but will need a Mod to do that. Instead will add a listing at the end of my original post.

Accuracy and KO power are two different things.

Romero has “KO power”.

Adesanya has speed and INCREDIBLE accuracy. Him hurting opponents usually comes via precision and volume. He hurt guys like Kelvin and Brunson with multiple shots.

Accuracy and KO power are two different things.

Romero has “KO power”.

Adesanya has speed and INCREDIBLE accuracy. Him hurting opponents usually comes via precision and volume. He hurt guys like Kelvin and Brunson with multiple shots.

Fair enough.

At what point will Romero finally show his age in a fight? I know he looks like a beast but it has to happen at some point soon, right?

If he is still the killer we know him to be on fight night he can definitely hurt Izzy. Does he hurt him enough to get a stoppage or win 3 rounds, time will tell. But if this is the fight where he has finally lost a step then Izzy might just light him up for 5 rounds.

Israel's path to victory is keeping the distance and peppering Yoel with volume strikes and kicks en route to a decision. Yoel's only been finished once in his career, and it was nine years ago. While Israel can land 3-4 quick shots to hurt his opponent and get the tko, he doesn't have the raw single punch power that could end Romero with a quick shortening of the distance. If Israel tries to stand in the pocket with the guy, he's just asking to get ko'd. If Kelvin can hurt the guy, Yoel sure af can too. For these reasons I don't think a knockout's likely, and we know Israel isn't winning via submission.

Yoel actually has more paths to victory, with knockout, submission, and decision all being possibilities. Wrestling early is his best move in order to snag a couple rounds so he can go for a finish later, as I'm sure he'll want to. And I know, Israel has good td defense, but he hasn't ever faced a wrestler like Romero. And no, keeping Brunson (who fought like absolute dogshit) on the feet for one round doesn't mean he can keep the Cuban there for five. There are levels to this shit. Yoel's route to victory is by being smart and doing what he can to narrow Israel's path even further in the early going.

If Israel can pull it off, hats off to him, but there's little doubt this is the most dangerous opponent and most unfavorable match up he will have ever faced. I'm personally not sure who'll win, but the this fight is a lot fucking closer than Israel's early -245 odds would have you believe.

I have a feeling age and all the past wars will have taken a toll on Romero and the solider of God is about to get knocked out

Costa did fine against him without taking any serious damage.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

most explosive guy in the sport ! fighting close to 100 kgs doesnt generate a lot of power !?
It amazes me. I believr you had E grade in physics

Do you compare him to Earth Mover or what

Back