Yoel Romero, the science experiment

Matt Brown's Elbow

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Yoel Romero kinda remind you of a Baki character? Mans a walking science experiment. From what I can gather through various videos and interviews he in 2011 broke his neck. If he were a normal man it could have killed him..but the muscles in his neck and traps were so strong they kind of held his head in place. Then he had fusion surgery on a few of the disks is his neck, you can see the scar in the picture I have included and what kind of surgery I think he had. Also an example of the traps and neck bones becoming more prominent in a young woman who had a similar surgery. Strangely he seems to have gained a stronger and more stable neck...I mean his traps are ridiculous they reach his ears. We all know about the infamous UFC doctor saying to the UFC "where did you find this guy? The muscles in his eyelids are like 4 times thicker than the average man's" the fact he's like 46 and seemingly impossible to ko as the kinetic force is distributed through his whole body rather than just his head and neck. Does the fused neck help him absorb a shot? Discuss my sherbros

Attachments

• sddefault.jpg
    sddefault.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240816-171142.png
    Screenshot_20240816-171142.png
    460.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Posterior-neck-muscles-migr-lat-Cross.jpg
    Posterior-neck-muscles-migr-lat-Cross.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ln9SnT.gif
    ln9SnT.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Overrated can
I'm not referring to his status on the goat meter. I'm not talking his strategy, technique..What I'm saying is since he got stopped and got his neck broke in 2011. He had a major surgery known as cervical fusion (spinal fusion) which hinders the movement in his neck but since that surgery he's never been rocked, hurt or fazed by big head kicks. It's rather interesting when you think about it.

Spinal injuries in the cervical range kill people a number of different ways, one of which is by essentially paralyzing the respiratory muscles and effectively suffocating you (brain is detached from the organs). I'd presume the obvious here - Yoel didn't damage his spinal cord. If you want to go on believing that his big strong muscles "held him together," LOL! Carry on.

Spinal injuries in the cervical range kill people a number of different ways, one of which is by essentially paralyzing the respiratory muscles and effectively suffocating you (brain is detached from the organs). I'd presume the obvious here - Yoel didn't damage his spinal cord. If you want to go on believing that his big strong muscles "held him together," LOL! Carry on.
A man can dream

The human Yoel Romero actually did die when he broke his neck in 2011. The Yoel that has existed since then is a clone with cybernetic implants, sent back from the year 2051 with a degree of nanotechnology impossible to detect by current standards.

Probably all countries have ped for their olympic athletes.
Eastern germany, russia, cuba were known for it.
There is also a long list of ped usage in the usa and china, every country.

Some countries might start at a younger age. Which results in crazier atlethes.

I'm not hinting at Yoel though.
His abilities and longecity is crazy. Mad respect.

I've been thinking that given the fact his neck is still quite powerful even though he can't move it, it must mean that you can still build a pretty strong neck even without doing flexion and twisting movements

please please please go challenge Yoel Romero to a heavy spar and upload the results.
Meh, that's a dumb (attempt at a) dodge. I agree with that dude: Yoel couldawouldashould, but *in this life* he simply didn't quite. Albeit he came tot he mma game late, but let's be honest, he never got a belt, had more and more boring fights when competition got steep. . . and lost the majority of them (boringly). If he was even just a champ, or heaven forbid went on a title defense run, then I could get people still jerking him off and getting sensitive over criticisms towards him. . . .but as it is he was just "quite good" and "achieved moderate success" when fighting the big boys.

Aside from the neck, the fact he's had so much success at a geriatric Athletic age is incredible. He won his last fight in Bellator at 47 years old.
He beat 40 year old Santos who has won 1 fight since fighting Jon Jones in 2019. Pretty sure Jon ruined his knees.

Reactions: mkt
What I want to know is if he used to have cardio when he was younger. I'm confused as to how he won an Olympic gold medal based on the guy we saw in MMA. Explosive as hell but very limited output.

Back