• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media "Yoel Romero running like his neck is fused, because it is"

What caused your upgrade to a Cyborg? Looks pretty severe.
Races motocross from 6 till around 24 years old. Many hospitalizations with broken bones, concussions, you name it. I put up with the pain till it finally caught up to me in once I got older. My backs fused too in 2 spots btw. I had a total of 5 herniated discs in my neck, some worse.than others.

Races motocross from 6 till around 24 years old. Many hospitalizations with broken bones, concussions, you name it. I put up with the pain till it finally caught up to me in when I got older. My backs fused too in 2 spots btw. I had a total of 5 herniated discs in my neck, some worse.than others.
Damn, sounds horrible man
You are a warrior for surviving all of that man. Have you quit motocross now

I feel like Romero works out so hard because his muscles hold his body together and he's going to be a paraplegic if he stops or something.

Damn, sounds horrible man
You are a warrior for surviving all of that man. Have you quit motocross now
Lol, definitely, no way Jose.... Man, you wouldn't believe all the people I know that use to race that have had surgery on their backs and necks. I know one guy, he's got a metal rod going almost the entire length of his back (he broke his shit). The shitass still rides after all these years (doesn't race anymore though). That's a no go for me.

Races motocross from 6 till around 24 years old. Many hospitalizations with broken bones, concussions, you name it. I put up with the pain till it finally caught up to me in once I got older. My backs fused too in 2 spots btw. I had a total of 5 herniated discs in my neck, some worse.than others.
How many total surgeries you got?

That neck fusion surgery looks like a doozy.

3 back surgeries, 3 neck surgeries, knee surgery, sport hernia surgery, facial recognition from crush orbital. Then your normal broken bones.

Wow! Are you a science experiment in order to determine what would happen if Cerrone had a baby with Ferguson?
You must've lived a lot of life already, buddy. Good for you, I admire that (not the broken back and neck stuff, just the fun part).

I've never had to go through one, I'm sure I would. Lol, why, whatcha got in you?
Bionic shoulder. Replaced in 2012 and 2013 and worn out again so next month they gotta rip that shit out and put in new hardware. Not looking forward to it.

You feel good with the neck fusion?
That would freak me out.

3 back surgeries, 3 neck surgeries, knee surgery, sport hernia surgery, facial recognition from crush orbital. Then your normal broken bones.
A lot of sherfronters have probably had similar procedures done

Due to an inactive, sedentary lifestyle, however

Damn. Guy a grew up with was on too much sauce on a 1000cc yamaha and is in a wheel chair for life. That was a decade ago in his early 20's. Don't wanna say the city cause you could narrow down to his name with some searches.

Be careful brother. As you might know that shit is dangerous. ha

Bionic shoulder. Replaced in 2012 and 2013 and worn out again so next month they gotta rip that shit out and put in new hardware. Not looking forward to it.

You feel good with the neck fusion?
That would freak me out.
Man, shoulder surgery is painful from what I heard, especially a big one such as yours.

You know, all my other neck fusions was a walk in the park. Dr warned me that going through the back of the neck was way more painful for a host of reasons, he wasn't ever lying. But yeah, it was going ok until I fell and hit my head real hard. Caught the door frame and bent my neck further than it was meant to go (screamed like a girl). Take a gander at this gash . This shit happened right when I got my neck brace off at 6 weeks (my luck), lol. Good luck with your surgery btw. IMG_20230525_112211_copy_864x1152.jpg

Last edited:
Man, shoulder surgery is painful from what I heard, especially a big one such as yours.

You know, all my other neck fusions was a walk in the park. Dr warned me that going through the back of the neck was way more painful for a host of reasons, he wasn't ever lying. But yeah, it was going ok until I fell and hit my head real hard. Caught the door frame and bent my neck further than it was ever meant to go. Look at this gash . This shit happens right when I got my neck brace off at 6 weeks. Good luck with your surgery btw. View attachment 991163
You gotta protect the face dude.
Ouch. You OK?

I can confirm shoulder surgery blows.

My neck has been fused 3 separate times in the last 4 years. I can confirm it doesn't move like it did before. Lol, I posted this already, but this was like 3 or 4 months back. I'm pretty proud of this one. LolView attachment 991130

Jesus Christ, hope it's helped. I couldn't imagine.

What happened in the first place if you don't mind me asking.

Has the recovery process gone well?

Back