Yoel Romero Comments On His Return To The UFC Rankings

bad_k

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I have wins against #3, #7, #10, #11 but I'm #15 ? What is going on? #ynuevo pic.twitter.com/7mCurF3YDI

Yoel Romero (@YoelRomeroMMA) August 4, 2016

Yoel Romero was viewed as the next contender to the UFC middleweight title after he defeated Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza. However, the former Olympic wrestler was taken back down the ladder when his results from a drug test came back positive.

After fighting the test, Romero was given a brief suspension and reinstated to compete.

But he wasn’t provided his same ranking in the UFC’s 185-pound Top-15.

While Romero isn’t really pleased with how everything went down, he was able to have some fun with it, mentioning Dan Henderson receiving the next title shot against Michael Bisping despite his standing being outside the Top-10.

Maybe good I #15 @danhendo #13 got title shot. I have to be next at #15 no? #ynuevo

— Yoel Romero (@YoelRomeroMMA) August 4, 2016

http://www.mmanews.com/yoel-romero-comments-on-his-return-to-the-ufc-rankings/

No for gay rankings

Rankings don't matter Yoel

If they put him in a fight with anyone around those rankings he is going to absolutely murder them. He needs a top 5 opponent or Kennedy rematch. I like Yoel and I don't like Tim, but he has reason to be pissed about the stool thing, that was bullshit.

That failed drug test might've caused more hard to his career than just about any other drug test that I can think of. Most of the other big name guys who popped had at least been in the spotlight for a while and made some big money. Yoel was right on the cusp and who knows what he'll need to do to get a title shot now. Dude is old too.

image-jpg.127359

You know Vitor Belfort was watching at home, like

HEY I WANT THAT SHIT

belfort-win-e1384140625851.jpg

If they put him in a fight with anyone around those rankings he is going to absolutely murder them. He needs a top 5 opponent or Kennedy rematch. I like Yoel and I don't like Tim, but he has reason to be pissed about the stool thing, that was bullshit.

Oh, you mean when Tim clearly cheated grabbing Romero's gloves causing a chain reaction which led to the "stool thing" sheeple keep mentioning. Karma caught up to him and justice was served IMO.

Last edited:
Wow! What the fuck?!

I think the only explanation for this is that Zuffa hates him.

I know they are big on gay rights. Or maybe it's his style.

But this is garbage. He wasn't out long at all. He should be either getting a title shot, or fighting for #1 contender. Ranking him so long is BS, compared to what's happened to other guys who popped (and the commission actually agreed with Yoel's excuse).

Oh, you mean when Tim clearly cheated grabbing Romero's gloves causing a chain reaction which led to the "stool thing" sheeple keep mentioning.
haha, relax man. I haven't seen the fight since it happened, don't remember the glove grab, and have never seen anyone talk about it. If it was that bad, then fine, Yoel has some justification for sitting on the stool too long. I would prefer that actually since I like Yoel more than Tim. Still, it warrants a rematch.

Back