Yet Another Gi Thread

b0b

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am looking to get a black gi, without a vertical back seam.

I have narrowed it down to:

Sirius Series
Keiko Raca
Lutador Americano (Blue)
Torah
No Gi Kimono - Vitor Belfort (Not sure if it is has vertical back seam, but No-Gi gi sounds funny)

Are any of these worth getting? I want to stay in the 110 price range, and really want black.

Are you going to have black SSF gis?

Go with the lutador americano. Gsoares tells me it's really good, and he knows a thing or two about gi's. I'm personally waiting for a goldweave to come out because 1) I don't know what I'ma do with my money (gi or private class) and 2) I am hoping they come out with the goldweave, if not hybrid weave for me!

Or get a gameness bro, the quality of their gi's is a-fucking-mazing.

Good luck!

SSF said:
both of Soid's picks are great gis but I don't think either make black right now.

www.SSFgear.com
Who needs a black gi if you can get a quality gameness from this guy?

personally my favorite is the Lutador Americano..

But if i was going to get a black gi.. I want to try one of the Traditional Sirius kimonos.
The other ones have to much flash, and youll just look like a noob deushe bag. with ninja signs

If you like thicker kimonos Dragao makes a tight looking black kimono.. But you have to order from Brazil, and if you do; order smaller then you think.. I normaly wear an a3 but i wish i would have bought an A2... the thing didnt shrink one bit.. I washed it on Hot and Dried it on hot.. no shrinking..

PLus it would be different and no one else would probably have it. I have a signature kimono from Dragao.. and no one else at my club has ever seen another one...

I would e-mail mkimonos.com and ask her when she is going to be making black ones... Right now hers are my fav..
I own Atama Gold, Keiko Racca Limited, Mizuno Double, Lutador Americano hybrid, Dragao Double Signature, and a no name 50$ judo kimono.

Soid said:
Who needs a black gi if you can get a quality gameness from this guy?
yeah gameness makes a real quality gi too.. on quality alone gameness would be the closest pick with Lutador Americano

Gsoares2 said:
yeah gameness makes a real quality gi too.. on quality alone gameness would be the closest pick with Lutador Americano
Have you worn one yet? Bro it's so comfortable, I don't know if the Lutador Americanos would match with the gameness hahah. Infamous Mattyd loves his 2006 mundials gi though and it looks fucking great. So many great gi's. So little money. :(

warrior-one.com said:
We have a great black gi, with no verticle seam. It's also on sale right now. You can check it out here:

http://www.warrior-one.com/warrior-one/apparel.html

Good luck in your search,

Keven

No offense, but you aren't very proven and you only have double weave.

Thanks guys. I am looking for something in a gold weave or similar. I don't want it too thick, but don't want junk either. The HCK I have is really durable, but the collar rubs my neck skin off because it is like a freakin' cheese grater and I am not a fan of the big back seam. I would consider a blue color, but really looking for black.

Looks like I am going to get the Blue Hybrid Weave Lutador.

Yeah i really havent even heard much about Warrior-One. Other then any time someone ask about kimonos he's there to plug his product. Honestly by the look of the other products on the site, it seems he is just out there making a quick buck
I mean check out the Fully equiped spar guy.. Not exactly the best materials around for protection gear.
sparpackage.jpg.w300h957.jpg

Its like the E-bay of martial arts equipment.. without bidding.

Bob! the hybrid weave is so close to a gold weave you wont care. I think you will like the lutador alot.. Except maybe the stiching on the ass of it... I told Lu she should take it off.. but she likes it.

Soid yeah my friend has a gameness i put it on before i ordered the lutador.. I didnt get it because i didnt favor the patches. But the gi is nice.. I was going to get one and cut the patches off.

Gsoares2 said:
Soid yeah my friend has a gameness i put it on before i ordered the lutador.. I didnt get it because i didnt favor the patches. But the gi is nice.. I was going to get one and cut the patches off.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, especally the back patch.

I depatched my dragao signature.. ebcause it had this giant Flavio Behring patch on the back.. took like 5 mins with a Knife.. Just went and cut the first couple seams then just continued to seperate them and it came clean off.. no problems.. no damage to the kimono.

I bought the Blue Hybrid Weave Lutador. Should be here on Wednesday. I will write a review after I have had a chance to use it.

Back