Yep. PFL contracts are awful too.

MMAddict21

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I’m guessing we all knew this but Erik got ahold of a PFL contract and they are just as shitty as UFC’s and ONE’s.

No one should be shocked by this.

I mean you're entering into a contract, most contracts regardless of what its for, do make it very hard to get out of said contract. Otherwise why have a contract. Usually the entity or person hiring/buying the service usually has the easier way out of the contract.

Yeah. I’ve been trying to give PFL the benefit of the doubt since they bought Bellator but they’re lying sacks of shit too.

- Don Davis claimed more freedom for uniforms for Bellator fighters. We got presented with likely the blandest uniforms possible for the first event. Not that PFL uniforms were ever good to begin with.
- Everyone was apparently going to be kept around. You know what happened there.
- Bellator was apparently going to have its own identity. It was just PFL presentation with Bellator logos.

One thing that would slightly redeem PFL is having the Bellator library available when the Coker regime could not pull that off somehow. Who knows if he’s lying about that too? No reason to trust a word that corporate stooge says.

Yup - Why I laugh at all the fret and hoopla regarding the UFC and pay and contracts etc.

Grass is always greener...

Orgs know that MMA fighters are a dime a dozen and most of the fans are well let's say disconnected...

<WhatItIs>

I'm surprised Kayla got out of her contract. I guess sitting out an entire season after a loss in the finals gave her leverage to sign a 1 fight deal.

I think it's not a surprise most of the big orgs can renew fighters, they don't want guys using them as a platform to just run off somewhere else.

Without knowing more details this doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as ONE's though. ONE essentially owns your commercial identity.

I'm surprised Kayla got out of her contract. I guess sitting out an entire season after a loss in the finals gave her leverage to sign a 1 fight deal.

I think it's not a surprise most of the big orgs can renew fighters, they don't want guys using them as a platform to just run off somewhere else.

Without knowing more details this doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as ONE's though. ONE essentially owns your commercial identity.
Oh absolutely. ONE probably has the worst contracts in combat sports.

According to Davis, Kayla's team believe they were free based in how they interpreted the contract. PFL thought she had one more fight left, but instead of fighting it they just figured why do business with someone that doesn't want to do business with you at that level of pay.

Yup - Why I laugh at all the fret and hoopla regarding the UFC and pay and contracts etc.

Grass is always greener...

Orgs know that MMA fighters are a dime a dozen and most of the fans are well let's say disconnected...

<WhatItIs>
Yep.

Folks think the PFL is treating everyone like they have Francis.

she signed a two year deal with them with a hard limit on it, no extensions or matching rights etc. when two years was up it was over and thats what happens even if she had one fight left. PFL didnt just let her go out of the goodness of their heart like they said, the fights or the time limit, whichever comes first thats what it is and it ran out and she was free with nobody holding any strings on her.

They were just dumb and didnt get the fights for her before the two years was up.

she signed a two year deal with them with a hard limit on it, no extensions or matching rights etc. when two years was up it was over and thats what happens even if she had one fight left. PFL didnt just let her go out of the goodness of their heart like they said, the fights or the time limit, whichever comes first thats what it is and it ran out and she was free with nobody holding any strings on her.

They were just dumb and didnt get the fights for her before the two years was up.

It would seem like she didn't want to fight. PFL can't force her too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back