• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yemen-50,000 children dead in 2017 as a result of Saudi blockade

"
One thing I noticed with MidEasterners, is the blatant hypocrisy and total refusal to consider how hypocritical they are"

That is one key aspect for understanding politics, especially in the ME.

If Iran was doing this, the Western powers would have intervened.

It's amazing what one can get away with if they have the major Western allies on their side, or if the West doesn't care about the victims (Rohingya) or if it is powerful states like China doing the deed.
Atleast in Burma, the West is not selling the Burmese weapons, though Israel does. The Trump admin has been more forthright about the Burma situation than one would expect.

The Western media is not giving this much attention. Trump said he was going to get tough with the Saudis but he is supporting Bin Salman now.

As a result of the Saudi blockade? Or the Iran proxy war?

As a result of the Saudi blockade? Or the Iran proxy war?
Saudi blockade.

Iran is a convenient bogeyman. Neither the Iranians nor the Houthis are preventing supplies from entering Yemen.

It's 2017...

50,000 children starved to death just this year because of a deliberate blockade. A war crime by any measure.

Trump, the American MSM, the Org. of Islamic Countries, the Arab League, The E.U. are all doing nothing to stop the Saudis. Only consolation is Western pressure has made the Saudis ease part of the blockade.

We perceive the West as being run by liberals, atleast that is how the rightwing media portrays Western society as, so how come these liberals can't stop the Saudis? Maybee genuine liberals don't really have power in the West. The the Blairs and Clintons pseudo-liberals.

Saudi blockade.

Iran is a convenient bogeyman. Neither the Iranians nor the Houthis are preventing supplies from entering Yemen.

You're full of shit. Iran is waging a proxy war against Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia is waging a proxy war against Iran , and the entire non-Whahhabi world.

But what has any of that got to do with Saudi's killing of children. Are you saying that since Iran may be helping the Houthis, it gives Saudi the right to commit crimes against humanity.

You are trying to excuse away Saudi's atrocious behavior by pointing fingers at Iran. No body forced the Saudi to blockade Yemen. Saudi instigated the war by invading Yemen. Iran hasn't invaded Yemen. This was a local conflict between the Houthis and other Yemeni factions, until the Saudis and Emiratis invaded.

The Houthis do not have the resources or allies the Saudis have, so they need help from whoever gives them. If you/your family was facing imminent death or subjugation, and Iran was the only entity prepared to help you out, you would effin accept it.

Saudi Arabia is waging a proxy war against Iran , and the entire non-Whahhabi world.

But what has any of that got to do with Saudi's killing of children. Are you saying that since Iran may be helping the Houthis, it gives Saudi the right to commit crimes against humanity.

You are trying to excuse away Saudi's atrocious behavior by pointing fingers at Iran. No body forced the Saudi to blockade Yemen. Saudi instigated the war by invading Yemen. Iran hasn't invaded Yemen. This was a local conflict between the Houthis and other Yemeni factions, until the Saudis and Emiratis invaded.

The Houthis do not have the resources or allies the Saudis have, so they need help from whoever gives them. If you/your family was facing imminent death or subjugation, and Iran was the only entity prepared to help you out, you would effin accept it.

Go back to Tehran, your bias is overwhelming. Iran has been waging proxy wars all over the region and completely destroyed any chance at the rebuilding of Iraq. Hezbollah terrorises Israel. Iran even funds operations in Canada to smear Canada's treatment of aboriginals at the UN.

To excuse them from the Yemen conflict is ignorant and disgusting.

Go back to Tehran, your bias is overwhelming. Iran has been waging proxy wars all over the region and completely destroyed any chance at the rebuilding of Iraq. Hezbollah terrorises Israel. Iran even funds operations in Canada to smear Canada's treatment of aboriginals at the UN.

Arab confirmed.

Blah blah blah.
I knew you would come in here defending the abominable Saudis because of your NeoCon bias, and or you have an axe to grind against Iran because your co-ethnics in the Caucasus have a bone to pick with Iran.

I am not going to blindly hate Iran because our NeoCon and MSM media indoctrinates us. I don't support Iran, I just don't hate them. The people who froth at the mouth against Iran are the usefull idiots listening to Fox news, Israel supporters, Gulf Arab supporters and Sectarian Sunnis and whatever country has a beef with Iran. For the average American , like me, who has no ethnic or sectarian ties to that region, there is no reason to fall hook line and sinker to the special interest groups peddling their anti-Iranian agenda. Far as I am concerned the Saudis and Pakistanis are order of magnitude worse than than the Iranians.

American would be better served allying with Iran, not only because all the jihadi attacks in the West are by Sunni fundementalists, not only because the vast majority of funding for ISIS, Taleban,Al Qaeda comes from Saudis, not only because Wahhabism is the seed that sprouts the Jihadi menance, not only because Saudi government actors and ideology created 9/11 but because allying with Iran gives us a land-route to Afghanistan from the Indian ocean. We are partly constrained in confronting Pakistan because we need them to provide the land route to Afghanistan, for our supplies.

The Gulf Arabs and Israelis want to subvert US foreign policy to serve their interests, which is not in our interest. Special interest and ethnic lobbies are pressuring the US gov. to put Israeli and Gulf Arab interest over American interest.

Arab confirmed.
I think he is Georgian or from one of those Caucasus countries. He mentioned it awhile back. He also shows a distinct NeoCon bias, in many of his posts.

Why is all the Middle East defenders always have the “well they started it” attitude? Look just never mind who started it,you’ve been fighting for thousands of years enough is enough already.

Sooner or later when the world isn’t in need of oil and this could be 100 years from now but the world will no longer let the unrest continue. They will turn the Middle East into a crater if nothing else but to stop the conflict

I feel very close to you for posting this.

It's incredible how difficult it is to force Americans to care in the slightest about the suffering and horror we fund for our own profits and interests.

it is sick. I wish for once you country would get a non war monger president. I only think north korea is real threat and iran is probably a threat to you and you good allies like israel.

American foreign policy of kill, overthrow, torture, economic sanction, etc is so sick. and all this hating china, russia, and build missile bases around them and support terrorist to overthrow them is sick. the americans help fund neo nazis and extremist radicals in ukraine to kill their fellow brothers who simply speak russian. americans also support georgia shelling people in osetia. americans also killed and installed a pro torture fascist in chile in 1970.s list goes on and on. america has so much hands in install dictators and military dictaroship in central and south america. America also fuck up libya, and syria more so, and they ruined iraq even more, and they made balkans a mess by support jihadis in kosovo.

Why is all the Middle East defenders always have the “well they started it” attitude? Look just never mind who started it,you’ve been fighting for thousands of years enough is enough already.

Sooner or later when the world isn’t in need of oil and this could be 100 years from now but the world will no longer let the unrest continue. They will turn the Middle East into a crater if nothing else but to stop the conflict

ah turn the middle east into a crater, that'll save the children.

I hear that new Saudi Leader, Salmon or something, he sounds like a popular food fish, is much more progressive and liberal. Maybe he can put end to this.
8jRK_f-maxage-0.gif

The Saudi's are learning all the tricks from the U.S. economic blockade strategy against Cuba, but it seems far more effective in Yemen. Any ideas why?
Following the Arab Spring Yemen basically disintegrated. Even before that it was a dirt poor country so the civil war crippled an already crippled country. Then you add the blockade upon all of that and it got really ugly.
The 19th century wasnt too bad.
Neither was the first half of the 20th century. If you look at the last 200 years Europe was far more violent and war torn but because the news has spammed MidEast war stories for the last decade or two some people are under the impression its always been under endless war which is not the case.
And that excuses the humanitarian crisis the Saudi's are creating? Of course not, they're fighting rebels with firecrackers, they don't need to create a fucking catastrophic famine to do that.

Last edited:
If Hillary was elected this would never have happened, amiright?
Nope.
Every President since Reagan have sucked up to the Saudi's. Obama fucked with them a little by negotiating with Iran.

The problem with Yemen is Iran and the House of Saud have decided their country is a fine place to have a proxy war.

Back