• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yarde vs Kovalev

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yarde is going to get broken into little pieces by the Kovalev 1-2 and stopped mid rounds
he's not ready

Hope im wrong and wish to see Yarde pull the upset but I just cant see it, his speed and body punches look good against C class opponents and lacks the size to bully and waer out Kov.

All the credit to Yarde for going to Russia though.

Kovalev wins unless he is shot but he might be shot.

Kovalev wins unless he is shot but he might be shot.

This!!!!

Kovalev looks a third of the fighter he was a few years ago, but he has home advantage....but Yarde just doesnt look good enough to beat anyone decent

Kovalev might try boxing the way he did vs alvarez and yarde could maybe land a shot since Kovalev isn't an amazing boxer

I could be wrong, but I thought Yarde had a pretty hard time cutting down to LHW historically?

If so, coming in a pound under seems odd.
Hopefully it just means he's taken this seriously and is in the best shape of his life

Kind of surprised to see Kovalev so heavily favored. He's clearly on the decline.

I could be wrong, but I thought Yarde had a pretty hard time cutting down to LHW historically?

If so, coming in a pound under seems odd.

That tells me he’s had a good weight cut. I always thought he was too big for LHW. I would be very concerned if he struggled to make weight. That doesn’t seem to be the case

Kind of surprised to see Kovalev so heavily favored. He's clearly on the decline.

Yarde has fought no one so he’s an unknown quantity I suppose. but I agree, kov is literally half the fighter he was imo
I favour kov but wouldn’t be that surprised at an upset. Yarde hits fckin hard

Listening to an interview with Yarde’s trainer and his “system 9” approach (limited sparring, no roadwork, ‘amazing gains’) he sounds like a charlatan (but hey, he coached Kevin Mitchell and he’s got an app to teach you combinations!).

Can’t see anything other than a Kovalev annihilation of Yarde.
Does he say what exactly they do? I’m just curious what he does for conditioning if he doesn’t run or spar.

the odds are kind of close Kovalev isnt even a 2-1 favourite. I know little about Yarde but I wouldnt be surprised if he won at all.

I think it's 'cause Yarde is hot garbage??? Just a guess though.
Kovalev is one fight removed from getting his ass handed to him by Alvarez, who is certainly nothing special.

Kovalev is one fight removed from getting his ass handed to him by Alvarez, who is certainly nothing special.
kovalev under McGirt is a better fighter but he will lose tomorrow against a fast powerful aggressive guy .

as unstoppable as this forum seems to think Kovalev is he's 3-3 in his last 6.

Back