Yarde vs Kovalev

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yard doesn’t spar or so road work? I’ve seen him hitting the pads in the gym. He trains like a knock off mayweather.

Really enjoyed the fight, agree with the people saying Yarde got his tactics wrong, however he'll come again, and was within a whisker of getting Kov out of there. Massive props to Kov for staying alive in the 8th.

Great fight, yarde impressed. reminiscent of a young david haye.

No mather what people say about kova being a has been alcoholic he keeps going and remains effective and highly accurate throughout the whole fight.

Just seen it. Good fight!, both had their moments. Kovalev used his experience to win that fight, because you could see they were both very tired buy Yarde gassed much worse because Kovalev was pacing himself and Yarde was still trying to explode with every short in later rounds. That punch was like a fatigue knockdown rather than a beautiful crisp shot, He was exhausted

kov! glad he came through. what a fight

Ill be betting the house on Canelo ITD. Canelo will break him in half.

After this fight, that is a very safe bet. Doubt you would even get even odds. Canelo ITD should be like 1:2 T best

I still think it is a great fight to make tho. Good showcase for Canelo to secure a belt and test the waters.

I would assume he would move back down after tho to 168. Some of the other 175lbers I feel would pose more problems

Lol at all the Yarde votes. Bastard doesn't spar and has no high level experience.

After this fight, that is a very safe bet. Doubt you would even get even odds. Canelo ITD should be like 1:2 T best

I still think it is a great fight to make tho. Good showcase for Canelo to secure a belt and test the waters.

I would assume he would move back down after tho to 168. Some of the other 175lbers I feel would pose more problems
It really is a tremendous fight. Kovas jab is a game changer, but I think Canelo can figure it out.

This fight showed that Kovalev will beat the other boxers in his division. Handling pessure is Kovalev's area for improvement.

So much for my contrarian take on how this fight might play out, although in round 7 Yarde showed why I thought he had a chance. Kovalev can't take body shots at all. With a little better conditioning Yarde might have taken him out. Kovalev's conditioning isn't exactly elite, so a much younger Yarde should have been able to better him in that aspect.

This fight showed that Kovalev will beat the other boxers in his division. Handling pessure is Kovalev's area for improvement.
He almost got KO'd by a guy you laughed at for not sparring and doing roadwork.

It really is a tremendous fight. Kovas jab is a game changer, but I think Canelo can figure it out.

Hell yea. In addition to his body wor . He has prob the best head movement in the came.

To see that defense/movement/countering of Canelo would be a a thing of beauty.

I bet Canelo could time/slip at least 3 jabs in sequence, only to step in and land a big shot.

Kovalev has a great jab, but as he tries, he gets sloppy as hell with it.

He almost got KO'd by a guy you laughed at for not sparring and doing roadwork.
I said boxers, as in pure boxers. This division has several of those. They don't fight on the inside and they don't pressure with volume like Yarde did when he showed up for 2 rounds (I am assuming those are the rounds to which you sre alluding). When Kovalev sets the pace, he wins. That is what I am saying when I say he beats the pure boxers.

I should have clarified and included "pure." A "pure" mistake on my part.

Hell yea. In addition to his body wor . He has prob the best head movement in the came.

To see that defense/movement/countering of Canelo would be a a thing of beauty.

I bet Canelo could time/slip at least 3 jabs in sequence, only to step in and land a big shot.

Kovalev has a great jab, but as he tries, he gets sloppy as hell with it.

Up two weight classes, you never know how a guy handles power. The 160 to 175 weight jump is tricky. It isn't 135 to 147.

Canelo has a chin. He'll probably be fine. Maybe not. There are some question marks considering the two disputable fights with GGG, but DAZN doesn't own belts like UFC so they can't make him do anything and Sulaiman is clearly interested in ingratiating himself more than anything else.

Canelo will probably beat Kovalev if he can take his power.

Last edited:
Great fight! I am happy that Kovalev won, but keep him away from Canelo.
He looked pretty close to done. A Canelo fight for good pay would be a hell of a way to cash out. Better than just fading away right now.

Great fight. Yarde didn't just gas because of his work rate. It was hugely due to Kovalev's jab to the head and the body that drained Yard's energy and took his legs from him. That Kovalev jab is a heck of a punch, and was landing HARD and it only made sense that it was the Jab that finished the fight.

Yarde kind of jumped up and didn't have his feet planted when he took that last left which made it worse but it was definitely the exhaustion that kept him down.

Watched it live. Kovalev's almost done, IMO, but I thought he basically outclassed Yarde bar maybe the seventh & the eighth (which I thought was a 10-8 round; mind I thought it was basically 10-8 the other way in the tenth...).

They had one "plan": let Kovalev get knackered hitting Yarde, then go for broke. It was fucking stupid, but it nearly worked! Even though Kov is a shithead I was glad he came back & won that.

I thought Yarde looked limited & I was actually quite disappointed in him. I wasn't expecting the second coming of Nigel Benn but I thought he might get a win after Kovalev got tired, based on the Russian's lifestyle/stamina issues & Yarde's youth & physical attributes. I think I overestimated Anthony's power, though, & underestimated just how fucking useless his trainer is (who should've pulled his bloke out after that tenth, IMO). Like I said, he literally sat waiting for Kov to get tired, he didn't try to work round the jab, didn't try to come up with a plan B or fuck all, it was just "Let him wear himself out hitting you, mate".

The Ginger drug cheat will bury Kov, IMO.

Up two weight classes, you never know how a guy handles power. The 160 to 175 weight jump is tricky. It isn't 135 to 147.

Canelo has a chin. He'll probably be fine. Maybe not. There are some question marks considering the two disputable fights with GGG, but DAZN doesn't own belts like UFC so they can't make him do anything and Sulaiman is clearly interested in ingratiating himself more than anything else.

Canelo will probably beat Kovalev if he can take his power.
I dont think theres a huge difference in Kova’s punches and Golovkins/Dannys.

Id also pick Golovkin to whoop Kovalevs ass. These two are dogs, and Kova is not. Hell fold.

Back