Yale study: Alcohol

7wtc911

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How do you like them apples?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/...larger-than-marijuanas/#.UN3J5QSTG1M.facebook

A Yale study published Tuesday in the Journal of Adolescent Health found that people who used alcohol or tobacco in their youth are almost twice as likely to abuse prescription opiate drugs than those who only used marijuana.

http://www.jahonline.org/article/S1054-139X(12)00231-5/abstract

drunkgirl-shutterstock-615x345.jpg

"revealed that of the 12 percent of young adults who said they’d abused prescription opiates, “prevalence of previous substance use was 57% for alcohol, 56% for cigarettes, and 34% for marijuana.”

You make bad decisions when you are drunk. I think we all know that lol

That's actually surprising.

I, and my brain, completely differentiate alcohol from other drugs. I drink like a fish, but have no inclination to do any other drugs.

Alcohol is the only drug for me besides the ones from the doctor. I don't even smoke cigarettes.

looks like the type of girl and pose that triggers my 2am bar charm

I drink and that's all save a cigar with my scotch on a special occasion.

Legalize MJ already.

I don't even get the purpose of these studies. Those with intelligence already know alcohol is a worse drug than cannabis.

The sheeple can't understand that something illegal could be safer than something legal. They'll read this study and interpret in the following way

"Derp but whisky ain't a drug and it ain't illegal so it ain't bad. I don't give a god damn what these liberal stoners prove with their "science." Can't fool me with this devil leaf propaganda!"

I love these people that will give a guy a funny look for sparking a joint, but meanwhile they smoke cigarettes, pop SSRI's like thier candy, and get drunk all the time.

Those type of people got it allll figured out.

Alcohol = party drug

Weed = relaxation drug

XTC, coke, etc. = party drugs

Considering how alcohol is legal, mainstream, and much more prone to abuse (biologically, socially, and emotionally), I'm not surprised. Haha

TS may have been too stoned to read the actual results and conclusions:

Results

Twelve percent of the survey population of 18

TS may have been too stoned to read the actual results and conclusions:

What? Only young woman who use marijuana are more likely to abuse than all others?

Please clarify wise grand-master. Thanks

I know that the idea behind these studies is to prove that marijuana isn't that bad, but honestly, I'm concerned it will lead to stringent controls on alcohol instead. The government knows that marijuana isn't a huge health problem, they ban it for other reasons. Let's not put them in a situation to attack alcohol instead.

I know that the idea behind these studies is to prove that marijuana isn't that bad, but honestly, I'm concerned it will lead to stringent controls on alcohol instead. The government knows that marijuana isn't a huge health problem, they ban it for other reasons. Let's not put them in a situation to attack alcohol instead.

They tried to attack alcohol before it didn't work. The current prohibition on marihuana is on the decline as well. MJ prob would have been legal sooner if Reagan hadn't started this irrational war on marihuana.

Tax the shit already and kill the cartels.

Alcohol companies are really bringing the taxes in right now, you know how much the government likes those taxes.

Back