Yair will never reach his potential at Jackson/Wink, he needs to leave

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Hes gonna be an attraction delivering exciting moments but Jackson/Wink fighters have HORRIBLE fundamentals. Too much unorthodox, flashy, spinning shit, hipster kicks etc. Dudes game has no meat and potatoes like most Jackson/Wink fighters. Those dorks dont have a consistent system.

Jackson/Wink fighters cant even jab. Bones, Condit, Holm (a fucking former pro boxing champ and top 10 alltime female boxer), Dodson, Yair, Kennedy, Bagautinov, Diego etc. They have TERRIBLE boxing defense, just downright horrible and clueless in midrange b/c their fundamentals are ass cheeks. Their footwork is mostly awful, bouncing around, unnecessary steps, not sound defensively, inefficient etc. Only exception is Cub who trained with Joel Diaz for his box. Overeem was already a complete sturiker before going there so he doesnt count, im talking about building from the bottom and for the current meta of MMA.

Frank Murr had shit boxing technique there, left to train with that Freddie Roach protege and dude was throwing nice jabs, hooking off it and showed by far the best boxing technique of his career. Erik Perez looked better than ever training with Alliance now.

Jackson/Wink fighters historically rely on cardio, athleticism, volume, durability etc. for success. Condits insane chin and cardio has seen him win and come back from many fights he wouldve lost if his physical attributes there werent so great. Dodsons athleticism and speed makes up for a lack of craft outside of counterpunching which hes good at, which is why he has so many fights where he does jack shit and looks terrible (Makovsky, Elliot, Runes etc). Their physical strengths carry them when their technique consistently falters.

Yair needs to go to Kings, his style would be perfect with the forward moving, pressure combos and built in defense there. Even better would prolly be Mark Henry with how great he is at working the strengths and highlighting fighters on an individual basis (Frankie, Edson, Eddie, Moraes).

Yair should just forget about
camps & just come to sherdog
instead. You got it all figured out bro.
{<jordan}

Don't hate. The man has a point.
He just won a 25 minute main
event. How is that not at least
being on the path of "reaching
his potential"?

He didn't get outclassed out there.
His cardio held up & he displayed
his strengths as well as managed
his weaknesses (hit reversals
on the ground). What do you
people want? {<doc}

This guy knows the developmental process of all fighters at Jackson-Wink, and the short-comings of that camp.

Yair will develop crisp boxing, stop throwing spinning, flashy and sometimes unnecessary shit in his fights and he'll suddenly develop more power in his base if he leaves that camp...

Since we know where he'll be going as well, right? Lol

He just won a 25 minute main
event. How is that not at least
being on the path of "reaching
his potential"?

He didn't get outclassed out there.
His cardio held up & he displayed
his strengths as well as managed
his weaknesses (hit reversals
on the ground). What do you
people want? {<doc}

I think Yair has a lot of attributes that a champion needs; bafflingly good cardio, great athleticism, and ingenuity as a fighter.

I am seriously concerned by his apparent lack of power, and by how often he was out of position and vulnerable to a takedown. A more measured fighter than Caceres would have planted him on his ass a dozen times in that fight.

I think that anyone can learn power, and I think that Yair's flair and cardio alone will keep him comfortably in the top 10-15 range at FW, but a solid wrestle boxer would have dismantled him tonight.

wtf? TS has a point, dont know what you have

your post wasnt funny if that was the purpose
He doesn't like Jacksons camp.
That's what he said in so many words.

I think Yair deserves more praise.
Same with caceres. But that's not
how this place operates...

he should train with sherdoggers. he will never lose a fight

I think Yair has a lot of attributes that a champion needs; bafflingly good cardio, great athleticism, and ingenuity as a fighter.

I am seriously concerned by his apparent lack of power, and by how often he was out of position and vulnerable to a takedown. A more measured fighter than Caceres would have planted him on his ass a dozen times in that fight.

I think that anyone can learn power, and I think that Yair's flair and cardio alone will keep him comfortably in the top 10-15 range at FW, but a solid wrestle boxer would have dismantled him tonight.
You mean someone like Bermudez?

It'd be a tough fight for sure. Know
who else had a tough fight & even
LOST to dennis?

Holloway. & Holloway is looking
to be well on his way to being a
champion. He didn't change camps.
To me, Yair looks like a young
& unique fighter. This was his 10th
fight. He will only get better.

This is a thread to make after
a devastating loss or during a skid
of inconsistency.

Yair has lots of holes in his current game. That spinning shit will get him wrecked vs a wrestler who will toss him on his head post spin or the striker who will stay in the pocket and nail him when his hands are down after he dances...Yair doesn't properly set his feet at all so he generates zero power and he cant consistently defend a take down like that either...However he is super fun to watch and certainly will get much better in time.

Last edited:
You mean someone like Bermudez?

It'd be a tough fight for sure. Know
who else had a tough fight & even
LOST to dennis?

Holloway. & Holloway is looking
to be well on his way to being a
champion. He didn't change camps.
To me, Yair looks like a young
& unique fighter. This was his 10th
fight. He will only get better.

This is a thread to make after
a devastating loss or during a skid
of inconsistency.

My concern is that I don't see Yair evolving from fight to fight. If he was addressing some of his deficiencies, I would be less worried. He isnt.

I would frankly be delighted to be proven wrong and have him go on and kick ass.

Hmm...he should try Kings MMA.

Hes gonna be an attraction delivering exciting moments but Jackson/Wink fighters have HORRIBLE fundamentals. Too much unorthodox, flashy, spinning shit, hipster kicks etc. Dudes game has no meat and potatoes like most Jackson/Wink fighters. Those dorks dont have a consistent system.

Jackson/Wink fighters cant even jab. Bones, Condit, Holm (a fucking former pro boxing champ and top 10 alltime female boxer), Dodson, Yair, Kennedy, Bagautinov, Diego etc. They have TERRIBLE boxing defense, just downright horrible and clueless in midrange b/c their fundamentals are ass cheeks. Their footwork is mostly awful, bouncing around, unnecessary steps, not sound defensively, inefficient etc. Only exception is Cub who trained with Joel Diaz for his box. Overeem was already a complete sturiker before going there so he doesnt count, im talking about building from the bottom and for the current meta of MMA.

Frank Murr had shit boxing technique there, left to train with that Freddie Roach protege and dude was throwing nice jabs, hooking off it and showed by far the best boxing technique of his career. Erik Perez looked better than ever training with Alliance now.

Jackson/Wink fighters historically rely on cardio, athleticism, volume, durability etc. for success. Condits insane chin and cardio has seen him win and come back from many fights he wouldve lost if his physical attributes there werent so great. Dodsons athleticism and speed makes up for a lack of craft outside of counterpunching which hes good at, which is why he has so many fights where he does jack shit and looks terrible (Makovsky, Elliot, Runes etc). Their physical strengths carry them when their technique consistently falters.

Yair needs to go to Kings, his style would be perfect with the forward moving, pressure combos and built in defense there. Even better would prolly be Mark Henry with how great he is at working the strengths and highlighting fighters on an individual basis (Frankie, Edson, Eddie, Moraes).
Good point.... did you notice how many crazy feints he was using and exposing himself? If Caceres had noticed that he was feinting 2 or 3 moves before actually delivering, he could´ve reacted earlier like in the Machida - Bader KO type, but Caceres was backing out putting himself in the end of Yair kicks, which covers a lot of distance. Caceres best shots were inside the pocket when yair feinted.

Looks like he left them..........tho i dont know where the hell he at now lol

Looked way better than ever even if tho it was a hetired BJ

Back