• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yair Rodriguez vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov Official For UFC 227 in Los Angeles

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Awesome match-up!

zabit has fought alot of no wiki names i got yair

Two movy fighters

Very movy, vroom vroom.

Really don't see why people seem to just be counting Yair completely out of this fight.

I like what I've sen of Zabit so far, but we've only seen him against poor competition. His last opponent wasn't amazing and Zabit still couldn't get it done in 3 rounds and was gassed at the end (to be fair, his opponent was pushing a crazy pace for the entire fight).

Yair's fought and beat way, way better competition than Zabit has to this point. Not saying Zabit won't get it done, but damn that Edgar loss totally destroyed everyone's opinion of Yair it seems.

One of the best fights the UFC could make...lots of spinning shit. Guaranteed.

If this card holds up/is confirmed then UFC 227 is gonna have 3 one-sided stomps in GSP/Diaz, Gus/Rockhold, and Zabit/Yair.
idk man, i can not imagine GSP being a force at 155. Will he have his power double, if not, then its going to be very difficult for him.

Great fight to showcase Zabit. Zabit could easily wrestlefuck him and submit him, but if he keeps it on the feet for extended amounts of time to prove a point, then it will be a war and easy FOTN contender.

Here are all bouts both official and targeted/rumored for UFC 227 so far:

TJ Dillashaw vs. Cody Garbrandt II
Georges St. Pierre vs. Nate Diaz (Targeted/Rumored)
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Luke Rockhold (Targeted/Rumored)
Yair Rodriguez vs. Zabit Magomedsharipov
Derek Brunson vs. Antonio Carlos Jr.
Kyung Ho Kang vs. Ricardo Ramos

UFC 227 may turn out to be one crazy ass card.

Fuck yeah!

This is TKD vs Sanda! I love style vs style fights!

Not a good fight for yair. I got Zabit in this one.

There is always a chance Zabit gets overconfident in his stand up and gets headkicked. Because otherwise Zabit can wrestlefuck Yair any time he wants to.

Yeah, that's why I expect him to play it more safe. First 2 minutes of feeling out. Then to test Yair his wrestling for the rest of the first round. Which would make the next rounds easier. Atleast this sounds like the smart game plan ahead of time.

Rodriguez is a mad man.. Can't just he fucking ask for a can?

Everybody does that

Zabit is fairly overrated on here, but he's a bad match-up for Yair, especially over 3 rounds. He's got better hands and I don't really see either guy finding much success wrestling in this fight. In my eyes Yair's only reliable path to victory is pushing a really high pace and winning a decision. Highlight-reel kick KO is always a possibility for him, but I don't see it as being a particularly likely outcome unless Zabit gasses badly.

Back