• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Yair Rodriguez Re-Signed to UFC; Fight w/ Zabit Verbally Agreed for UFC 228 in September

Dana selling wolf tickets per usual. I called this when that organization in Mexico that was courting Yair retracted their offer.

Dana simply using intimidation to force Yair to take the fight he wanted him to take. Looks like it worked.

Yea I was almost positive it was #fakenews when it was first released. Then when I heard about the Mexico org pulling their offer I knew it was #fakenews.

Dana selling wolf tickets per usual. I called this when that organization in Mexico that was courting Yair retracted their offer.

Dana simply using intimidation to force Yair to take the fight he wanted him to take. Looks like it worked.

Translation: Dana had a little Trumpian fit when Yair called his bullshit on twitter with the "Fake News" post and canned Yair in a snowflaky fit of rage.

WMG/IMG overlords ran the numbers on getting rid of a Mexican superstar when they are DYING for more superstars and told Dana to get his shit straight.

Dana ain't the real boss folks. This is just like when Lorenzo made him walk back stupid moves.

Translation: Dana had a little Trumpian fit when Yair called his bullshit on twitter with the "Fake News" post and canned Yair in a snowflaky fit of rage.

WMG/IMG overlords ran the numbers on getting rid of a Mexican superstar when they are DYING for more superstars and told Dana to get his shit straight.

Dana ain't the real boss folks. This is just like when Lorenzo made him walk back stupid moves.

Why are people assuming this, if this was the case and Dana has no power how could he have canned Yair in the first place?

Reminds me of when TWood said Dana had better make a public apology or else he'd let slip some bad stuff on Dana, and next he said they were all good and people assumed dana caved in.

"Mexican superstar" lol.

But yeah, Dana owns what, 9% of the company? That's how much he's in charge.

Why are they fighting in Vegas a week before the Russia card?

Thing is, now Yair has lost respect among a lot of fans.

Yair finally wants to be a fucking fighter it seems.

I'm not sure how i feel about this tbh. I'm sure bellator would've paid a pretty penny for Yair, i feel Yair didn't even bargain for more $ or anything & he's now trying to prove to fans that he isn't scared, which is dumb.
You made a lot of assumptions here. Just wait for the truth to come out.

I think Dana got shook when Yair got offered the big bucks from the number 2 organization in North America and the biggest in South America and ponied up some money to get the fight done BUT that's just me speculating

Because he just spent the last month shitting all over the "Golden boy" instead of promoting it that way

You know, classic UFC dumb shit

Like promoting only Ronda before the Nunes fight, Ngannou before the Stipe fight etc.

Zabit is way more a guaranteed win than those were but it's still not smart

Tbh the matchmaking isn't even that good, you could have fed Zabit someone with more of a name and given Yair a fight to get him back on track instead. Then you have two prospects instead of one

They have like 10 good prospects at fw. Plus one loss doesn't derail anyone.

Also yes let's make a worse fight just to give both guys an easier path tof the top.

Lastly Dana isn't the matchmaker and had a couple of comments on Yair. He Hart spent an entire month shitting on him.

that is pure promo for the fight.

What a shit show.

They should have made an example out of him.
They did
The guy refused a fight, they fired him, only way for him to get back in was take that fight, they can do it to anyone

I think Zabit MagoMariaSharapova wins this one.

Zabit is gonna kick his fucking ass lol. Would like to see a rematch later on down the road once Zabit dethrones max and max moves up to 155.

Back