Yahoo sports - UFC discredits the sport.

Dana's response will be to stop Kevin Iole from blowing him for a minute, and for Iole to write an article disputing that Fitch and Okami are legitimately top ten.

Thread still going on strong I see. I think most of us actually agree that the cut wasn't good, it's just that some can understand why it was done and some can't.

I think the people who understand why it was done, are the ones who are objecting.

But ive more than had my say here.

Il check the comments later.

Cheers.

Just read the article, and it's spot on.

The NBA doesn't get rid of Tim Duncan because he's boring or plays in a small market. If your the premiere organization in a sport, you want the best fighters in it period.

:icon_lol:

Why are people still indulging this retard? As if it wasn't obvious fifteen pages ago that he was just a goober and a troll ranting and raving about shit he doesn't understand.

The guy posted an article written by a manager of a Rite Aid. He's spent less than two months on the site, and started a "Change your avatar to Okami" campaign pretending like he knew shit about this sport or cared about the guys who compete in it. What were you expecting? :icon_lol:

UFC Cuts Okami, Discredits Own Ranking System

Im not going to comment on too much on this one, because you know how i feel about it already.

All i will say, is look where we are now.

Dana "youre all fuckin idiots" White cut a top 6 fighter, and the mainstream media are now questioning MMAs legitimacy as a sport.

Dana might seem like a big man to some of you, but in the world of sport he is a blip.

Likewise MMA, which has been through the ringer to establish legitimacy is still essentially a cult sport, and cutting your top 6 guy or woman or team in any sport, exposes you to global ridicule across the non zuffa press, from anyone who has actually heard of you in the first place.

Heres the article. Im going to link the whole thing, as every word of it is important, and il properly credit the writer- Joe Napoli as well.

Source at the foot of the page.

Yahoo-sport-logo.jpeg

Click the link for the full article....

The UFC has increasingly been blurring the line between sport and entertainment, Jon Jones vs. Chael Sonnen being the biggest recent example. Moves like this make one question why they even have a ranking system if they're not going to adhere to it when making decisions. There's a line between sports and entertainment, and the UFC sent a message with this move that they're willing to cross it.

Joe Napoli

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ufc-cuts-okami-discredits-own-ranking-system-140800943--mma.html

Uh oh

Wish I could find a shit storm is coming pic

dont know whats the issue here.

bball is under "nba"

football is under "nfl"

baseball is under "mlb"

why would mma be under "ufc"?

Are you trying to claim UFC is a league???
Then why would a league CUT one of it's best employees (according to their own ranking system?)

And, mind you, this was at the time Pride was still alive.

So again it begs the quesiton: do you REALLY think UFC was that big then?

It's not up to me to prove your point, it's up to you. You did not do it. To be clear I am not saying you are wrong, I am only saying you posted zero facts that support your position. PPV numbers for main events they did, numbers of viewers watching during their fights .. those are the facts that help your case. You could be right, I am not interested enough to look it up, I was simply pointing out the facts you gave are indeed facts, they simply have nothing to do with supporting your statement.

LOL, in other words, you have NO CLUE, but you come and claim i am wrong.

You claimed I am wrong. You do the research. if you do not care, then do not talk about it. You cared enough to join the conversation didn't you?

And let me answer for you: There is no way to prove either way.
The events are held for multiple fights.
There are no sensus on "what fight did you came to see?"

So I put what facts are feasible.

Where each are in the fighting card (which demonstrate the interest in said fighter/fight).

I put how much each is reported to have made.

in both items, my point stands.

So unless you do have some data, don't bother answering. because you'll be just trolling.

:icon_lol:

Why are people still indulging this retard? As if it wasn't obvious fifteen pages ago that he was just a goober and a troll ranting and raving about shit he doesn't understand.

The guy posted an article written by a manager of a Rite Aid. He's spent less than two months on the site, and started a "Change your avatar to Okami" campaign pretending like he knew shit about this sport or cared about the guys who compete in it. What were you expecting? :icon_lol:

Damn, this retard is now thread stalking me in the war room.

Get a GF you site clown.

Get a GF you site clown.

Its amusing that in every thread FACE STAB post in there are people calling him all sorts of names
No matter the topic, he is a fool it seems

Its amusing that in every thread FACE STAB post in there are people calling him all sorts of names
No matter the topic, he is a fool it seems

I dont report people, but hes going to ride his pushbike into a tree pretty soon with that attitude.

I dont report people, but hes going to ride his pushbike into a tree pretty soon with that attitude.

I actually put him on ignore from his insipid White Knight posting for Ronda
I only see when others quote him

Get a GF you site clown.
I have never once posted in any of your War Room threads, nor yet replied to you on it.

Any more lies? Come on kiddo. This is getting pathetic.

I have never once posted in any of your War Room threads, nor yet replied to you on it.

Any more lies? Come on kiddo. This is getting pathetic.

Fair play. He didnt.

I did see you watching me though.

Stop being a dickhead with the insults. Its a weak hand son.

We all know you just wanted to bump this thread again.

Post where you like, but if you come at me in the war room, it better not be "you F*** suck, you ****" etc. :D

They have more liberal flaming rules, but are allergic to idiots there.

I actually put him on ignore from his insipid White Knight posting for Ronda
I only see when others quote him
Oh no! I've been ignored by one of Sherdog's lowest quality posters and most ridiculously stupid haters. Whatever will I do?

I'm in the signatures of a multitude of posters here, but my posts are the insipid ones. :icon_lol:

Back