y did oscar pick mayweather sr

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
when oscar first brought floyd sr on, why did he do so; he used diff trainers to work on diff things and all of them have been known as top trainers of all time and definitely recently, what made oscar pick floyd.

to my knowledge floyd hadn't done anything on the caliber of steward and some of the other guys he used; so what was it that brought oscar to floyd sr.

was it something tech
was it a change of pace
was it his personality

thoughts/opinions

kabuki did u know

Maybe father knows best on how to beat his "unbeatble" son. Floyd sr. claims to know how to beat his son and know his weakness. He said this on one of the HBO specials i forget which one at the moment, but maybe oscar beleives him and thinks he can show him how

is oscar training with freddie roach for pbf-de la hoya 2?

Maybe father knows best on how to beat his "unbeatble" son. Floyd sr. claims to know how to beat his son and know his weakness. He said this on one of the HBO specials i forget which one at the moment, but maybe oscar beleives him and thinks he can show him how

You should actually read the opening post. This is not about the Floyd re-match.

is oscar training with freddie roach for pbf-de la hoya 2?

No.

kabuki did u know

No. Floyd Sr. only has any scrutiny because he's a loudmouth and tends to speak venomously about Fighters he feels betrayed him in some sense, but he's actually a damn good trainer. I'm not sure Steward is actually any better. Floyd will sharpen and polish a guy pretty well, especially if that guy tends to be defensive-minded.

He is one of the best trainers in Boxing IMO, even if it's just for a couple Fights, typically his guys do well when they ARE with him.

i would like to see how him and guzman mesh.

as far as him and dlh go... he actually has a right hand now and it started against gatti. not that it was sharp against gatti as much as it was he had the confidence to throw it.

Floyd's ideal for a guy like Joan. Stylistically speaking.

Floyd's ideal for a guy like Joan. Stylistically speaking.

didnt floyd hand guzman over to jeff and secondly is that the deal when roger or floyd don't or can't train someone they send them to jeff; floyd did it w/guzman and roger did it w/forbes

You should actually read the opening post. This is not about the Floyd re-match.

No.

No. Floyd Sr. only has any scrutiny because he's a loudmouth and tends to speak venomously about Fighters he feels betrayed him in some sense, but he's actually a damn good trainer. I'm not sure Steward is actually any better. Floyd will sharpen and polish a guy pretty well, especially if that guy tends to be defensive-minded.

He is one of the best trainers in Boxing IMO, even if it's just for a couple Fights, typically his guys do well when they ARE with him.

hanshaw looked like crap w/out floyd in his corner; but on the other hand roach had oscar looking pretty good, an while floyd may be joking i find his comments about freddie a little unfair...roach seems like a very skilled and effective coach. He gave de la hoya the blueprint to beat pbf, oscar just couldnt execute

hanshaw looked like crap w/out floyd in his corner; but on the other hand roach had oscar looking pretty good, an while floyd may be joking i find his comments about freddie a little unfair...roach seems like a very skilled and effective coach. He gave de la hoya the blueprint to beat pbf, oscar just couldnt execute

i think floyd sr tells oscar in a very stern way...you're blowing the fight. we didn't get that out of freddie. Its why i think floyd and oldh work well together.

i like freddie but to me thats one of the differences between the two. freddie's way works for some and floyd's way works for some.

didnt floyd hand guzman over to jeff and secondly is that the deal when roger or floyd don't or can't train someone they send them to jeff; floyd did it w/guzman and roger did it w/forbes

Jeff doesn't train Joan.

Back