Xtrainher is funny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedong

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And has a lock fetish. I make a thread about low carb high fat vs high carb medium fat and he links me to the stickies about the myths of saturated fat and cholesterol ?! When did I say anything negative about fat or saturated fat ? I eat 5-6 whole eggs a day, drink a litter of full fat milk and would eat more pork or any other fatty red meat if chicken breast wasn't much cheaper. I request my thread to be unlocked because there is no reason to lock it, it was an interesting topic but maybe you didn't like the possibility of people arguing for higher carb and medium fat. X-trainer is a good, polite mod without an big ego but even tough some threads are justifiably closed mine wasn't. Let just people talk about it, what bad is going to happen ? Did I make a thread about if egg yolks are going to kill me - no I didn't. I admit sometimes I can be.. well a little unpleasant but that thread is alright and would lead to an nice exchange of opinions - unlock it please. Thanks

Last edited:
Beating a dead horse. Topic has been brought up many times before.

Beating a dead horse. Topic has been brought up many times before.

Link please ?

Also why not let the ones interested discus it. What's the point in closing every thread, this place is almost dead. It's not like new views or info can't come out of the thread. If you think it's boring then just don't read it.

Last edited:
Link please ?.

Xtrainer already gave you a link. In there there are multiple links that back up low carb eating. IMO opinion neither is "better" than the other, rater one is better for X, the other is better for Y etc. Do the research and decide whats more suitable for yourself.

Search function.

Shows zero carb thread which does not count since that disclose even vegetables and not sure but I think is for fat loss. Then that one thread recently about high fat being better for heart health doesn't convince me because look at this : A High Carb Diet does not cause Weight Gain: Study. those are jsut internet articles, everyone can make one.

The body can store by average 500 g carbs (400 muscles, 100 liver), how is fat better then carb for energy ? If you eat carbs with fiber, protein, fat then they are also nto high gi. Doesn't the body use primarily carbs for energy ?

I'm not a fat phobe, I'll try keto for cutting in about 3 months just to get more dieting experience.

Last edited:
Xtrainer already gave you a link. In there there are multiple links that back up low carb eating. IMO opinion neither is "better" than the other, rater one is better for X, the other is better for Y etc. Do the research and decide whats more suitable for yourself.

Ah now I see, inflammation sounds interesting. I'll read it when I get out of time gym, now I'll gotta go. Thanks, still unlock the thread for some discussion, locking everything is boring.

Why would you drink litter?

Lol, liter is the German word for litre, Croatian is liter. Happens when English is not your first language.

I think there should be a sherdog vs bodybuilding thread somewhere to nuke it out and come to a conclusion. I feel that I might lower carbs and up fat. No grains sounds hard to do, but there are veggies high in carbs, also fruits, milk and nuts. Berardi did say some good things about wheat berries or something similar, which is grain. Also Marks apple mentions legumes which are not ok in paleo so I guess it's impossible for everyone to agree 100 %. But beans along with berries have the most antioxidants which are needed to fight free radicals especially for people who train and eat a lot, also they're are full of vitamins and minerals, maybe a little too much fiber.

I request my thread to be unlocked because there is no reason to lock it, it was an interesting topic but maybe you didn't like the possibility of people arguing for higher carb and medium fat.

I take offense to that. Here is my post, quoted word-for-word, in the thread I locked:

C'mon Jaedong, you've been here long enough to have read the stickies by now, which directly answer the questions you're asking. For example, have you even read this?

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/cholesterol-saturated-fat-myths-addressed-here-1141488/

It's fine (scratch that...GREAT!) to have differing opinions, and to lay out a case for what you think is a better strategy, but to ask why so many on the board think the way that they do, when the answers are right there in front of you in the required reading...come on, man.

You accuse me of trying to stifle debate, a charge I take very seriously. Yet, if you actually read my words, I said that differing opinion and debate are GREAT. I even used capital letters to emphasize the point :icon_conf Debate IS great. However, your thread did not make a proposition and present evidence. It asked why so many people here believe the things they do. The stickies answer that question. Searching answers that question even better.

The only reason I locked your thread is because you were asking for information which is common knowledge on this board to anyone who has read the FAQs, or even searched for the topic in question. Your thread showed a complete ignorance of the FAQs and the rules. It wasn't your first thread of that nature, either. I tried to say so as gently and politely as I could, and then you made a thread attacking me. And yet, you still aren't banned, nor do you have dubs.

So I'm the bad guy here, right? :rolleyes:

X, don't be so sensitive. This thread is calling out Xtrainher, not you.

But the FAQ says I should eat lots of whole grain and also simple carbs in moderation ?

A: There are a couple of factors to gaining weight. Eat big but eat clean, lots of whole grains, lots of leafy greens, lots of lean protein, simple carbs in moderation. At least 5-7 meals per day. Snack on things like almonds and yogurt, things with good calories and high nutritious value. If your numbers of calories in is greater than your calories out, you should be gaining weight. If you're eating is clean, you should be gaining lean muscle. Lift BIG. Lots of guys think they lift heavy and really haven't scratched the surface of what their body is capable of. Big weight = big muscles. And get AMPLE rest. 7-8 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep per night, and on your days off at-least have one day where you barely move. Your body needs to heal to grow.

Just kidding, I know it's all old. In my defense the faq is big and most of the stuff I knew ages ago, also since I'm now looking to be healthy and get ripped (not trying to be a fighter anymore) I went over to a bodybuilding forum and it can be deceiving when a bunch of "swolle" guys are in top shape and eat lots of grains. So the reason I didn't know from the faq is cause it's boring and I didn't bother reading every detail, especially about stuff I know.

Anyways soon when I get in shape I'll post pics of my big and ripped muscles, to make you jealous, I know that's what this forum is about :).

lol...anyway the reason why this message board is all about low carb is because that is what the big dogs agree with. A few years ago mad mick made a thread about supplements and on his list of "definitely worth it" supplements was gatorade! Some people here don't even eat vegetables here anymore. Just a year ago there was someone that was doing no carb and people were dumbfounded by it...now everyone is doing it.

The reason why bodybuilding.com is all about high carb and here is all about high fat is because of group mentality. This forum got influenced by the big paleo guys and the top posters here started following along. Thus, everyone that came on here and read enough posts began to follow paleo too.

This forum, just like vegetarian forums, bodybuilding forums, paleo forums, etc. is a product of group think. You can find studies that "prove" just about anything when it comes to nutrition.

To be honest I like what lyle mcdonald says....if there are two camps that are so opposed to each other (low carb vs. low fat for instance) the best idea is to be somewhere in the middle.

Another thing to think about is that on bodybuilding.com most people are trying to get bigger and more cut. I think that most people here are trying to just get in better shape for fighting or just life in general without trying to be as big as possible.

Anyway, if you ask me, the healthiest diet is probably a paleo-ish type diet with a lot of fruits, veggies, nuts, lean-ish meats, olive oil, possibly some eggs, and some whole grains (gasp).

But the FAQ says I should eat lots of whole grain and also simple carbs in moderation ?

A: There are a couple of factors to gaining weight. Eat big but eat clean, lots of whole grains, lots of leafy greens, lots of lean protein, simple carbs in moderation. At least 5-7 meals per day. Snack on things like almonds and yogurt, things with good calories and high nutritious value. If your numbers of calories in is greater than your calories out, you should be gaining weight. If you're eating is clean, you should be gaining lean muscle. Lift BIG. Lots of guys think they lift heavy and really haven't scratched the surface of what their body is capable of. Big weight = big muscles. And get AMPLE rest. 7-8 hours of UNINTERRUPTED sleep per night, and on your days off at-least have one day where you barely move. Your body needs to heal to grow.

Just kidding, I know it's all old. In my defense the faq is big and most of the stuff I knew ages ago, also since I'm now looking to be healthy and get ripped (not trying to be a fighter anymore) I went over to a bodybuilding forum and it can be deceiving when a bunch of "swolle" guys are in top shape and eat lots of grains. So the reason I didn't know from the faq is cause it's boring and I didn't bother reading every detail, especially about stuff I know.

Anyways soon when I get in shape I'll post pics of my big and ripped muscles, to make you jealous, I know that's what this forum is about :).

I'm not sure how much of this post is serious, but that's the weight gain advice. Anyway, you've had your say and I had mine above. This thread has run its course. Read the rules, read the FAQs, and avoid attacking mods (or anyone, for that matter) in the future. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back