Xscape: 8 New Tracks from Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Madmick, May 11, 2014.

1. Madmick

Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Will be released in two days on the 13th:
    Bringing Michael Jackson Back: The Inside Story of 'Xscape' (Cover Story)
    The project was created by L.A. Reid of Epic Records, and overseen by Timbaland as EP.
    Thought I'd give the Berry a heads up.

2. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

Never been a fan of posthumanous albums where the deceased artist had no input. But its Michael so maybe it will surprise.

3. Madmick

Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Has anyone listened to this? As expected, of course there are not "hits" on it. It's drawn from potential deep tracks that didn't even make a B-side, but two of the songs, "Love Never Felt So Good", and "Loving You", are both entirely worthy of being deep tracks on either of two of his three greatest albums, Off the Wall and Thriller. It's good- not great- material, but they're elevated by probably the greatest entertainer of all time who elevated such material more than any other living performer in modern history above it's natural worth.

Either could have made either album as a deep track, and for that alone both are worth listening to. I'm astonished how much more I enjoy relatively mediocre material by MJ than by today's "greats". I miss his sound- at its peak- so freaking much. Both of them must have been final cuts painfully laid on the floor.

Spotify it:
    https://play.spotify.com/album/7pomP86PUhoJpY3fsC0WDQ