XFGear Gi Review *pics*

Adino

Purple Belt
Reaction score
This is my first Gi review so please ask questions so I can better describe aspects of the Gi that I may leave out, but I have included a lot of pics so I hope they help. My first Gi was just a cheap Judo Gi from Tiger Claw that we got free from my school so that was just something to wear basically, so this is my first

Here is the back with my school logo patch Paul put on for me:
XFGearGi-1.jpg

Here is close up of the weave and some of the reinforcing inside the Gi top:
XFGearGi-7.jpg

XFGearGi-9.jpg

Here is the brushed interior of the Gi top, super comfortable:
XFGearGi-8.jpg

Here are the pants with the reinforcement running down the leg:
XFGearGi-10.jpg

XFGearGi-11.jpg

Here is the front tie system; my last pants did not have a loop in the middle, very nice and secures them better:
XFGearGi-12.jpg

And here is some more reinforcing; this is the crotch area, plenty of room for a cup:
XFGearGi-13.jpg

The gi looks good. How heavy is it? Also, does the back seam rub into your spine when you're on your back?

Adino, I have been up in the Harrisuburg area lately training at the Royce Network gym. My pops told me about your school today and told me to check you guys out. I have a few questions for you: I see you guys run a bunch of classes, how much would it be for unlimited? I would love to hit up every Hapkido (I love every form of grappling :p) and BJJ class I could go to. Also how is the turn out? You have a lot of people come? and my last question is how much live grappling do yall do? I might stop by next week, and BTW nice gi. I also got a new gi for x-mas. A Dax Moskito, a great Judo gi.

BTW you going to the Bud World Cup? Be sure to pre-reg, crap is expensie if you pay at the door :/

UltimaMMA said:
The gi looks good. How heavy is it? Also, does the back seam rub into your spine when you're on your back?

good questions. The Gi is not really heavy for being a double weave and you dont notice the weight when your wearing it, but it feels like 100lbs when wet that's for sure :wink: and to answeryour second question about the back seam it does not rub your spine. It is also brushed so it's just as soft at the rest of the Gi.

check your PM box Masakatsu

The gi looks good.

Masakatsu good choice with the DAX, it's a killer Judo gi at a great price.

www.SSFgear.com

Adino has all the luck. Why doesn't anyone send me anything to review?

The pinstripe shin stitching looks odd.

scorcho said:
Looks good. How much does it cost?

You know I really don't know :redface: That's what I get for getting this for Christmas right...if your really curious then email Paul and he can give you quotes on single and double weave prices.

What do you want more pics of Foz?

I wish Superbeast, alot of my gear I pay for and this Gi is no acception. I am more than greatful to companies like XFGear, SPRAWL and CSI who have donated products to me because without them this poor college kid could not train. I am truly thankful for them also because they let me bring reviews to you all so you can get the best gear that's out there.

I wonder if he does Gi's in the Heroically Statured size too?

Gothic_Coop said:
I wonder if he does Gi's in the Heroically Statured size too?

He does so much custom stuff I would not be supprised, email and see what he says.

Adino said:
He does so much custom stuff I would not be supprised, email and see what he says.

Heck I didn't even know he was making Gi's. Show you what I know.

Gothic_Coop said:
Heck I didn't even know he was making Gi's. Show you what I know.

lol, glad both of us are on top of things :redface:

Just a quick update on the Gi. In short I love it. After several washes it could not fit better. Everything is holding up great and the fading from many washes is good, it's definitally still blue. If you guys have any specific questions just ask.

dang thats cool how you get free products i wish i could get free products and review them but im only in 9th grade...

bjjfighter91 said:
dang thats cool how you get free products i wish i could get free products and review them but im only in 9th grade...

I don't get a tone of free stuff, some of the companies like SPRAWL and CSI have been super awesome and given this poor x-college student some stuff. But this Gi was a christmas present.

Back