WWF Shawn Michaels vs WWE Shawn Michael's

Which Career Was Better in the Ring

• WWF 1988-1998

• WWE 2002-2010

Results are only viewable after voting.
I thought this quote from his book was funny considering we're all pretty much in agreement that the earlier run of his career was better than the later.

"One reason that the second part of my career was better than the first is because of the range and depth of emotions I brought into my job after my comeback. That was a direct result of my faith, which allowed me to tap into real-life emotions like joy, sadness, despair, peace, and conflict over doing right versus wrong, and then bring those into storylines and matches."

He goes on to say that his match with Flair at WM 24 is possibly the greatest pro wrestling match of all time ... LOL

If he's talking about the early part of the comeback before he became goofy uncle Shawn with Trips...then I can see what he's talking about.

Probably his 2000's run. He looked strangely chubby in the 90's.

ShawnMichaels19941.jpg

If he's talking about the early part of the comeback before he became goofy uncle Shawn with Trips...then I can see what he's talking about.
I just think it's funny how he says it's all a result of his faith rather than just maturing and being less of a cocky asshole.

Anyone remember his "tag team" match at Backlash 06 against Vince and Shane which was really just a handicap match because his tag partner was God? Lol, so ridiculous. He was making a mockery of his own faith whether he realized it or not, that's how everyone took it.

I thought this quote from his book was funny considering we're all pretty much in agreement that the earlier run of his career was better than the later.

"One reason that the second part of my career was better than the first is because of the range and depth of emotions I brought into my job after my comeback. That was a direct result of my faith, which allowed me to tap into real-life emotions like joy, sadness, despair, peace, and conflict over doing right versus wrong, and then bring those into storylines and matches."

He goes on to say that his match with Flair at WM 24 is possibly the greatest pro wrestling match of all time ... LOL

- The last seconds of that match, the emotion on Michaels face. WM 24 was a great event, great matches. Flair vs Michaels wasnt even the best of that event, but i can unferstand why he said that. Two of the greatest performers ever clashed.

Another funny thing he admits in his book is that his Christian fans and friends had a much harder time understanding that pro wrestling isn't real life and is based on fictional storylines than his non-religious fans and friends. When he was in the feud with Hogan people would come up to him at his Bible study group and get angry with him asking him why he superkicked Hogan, demanding an answer as to what Hogan did to him to deserve that. He was like "I mean ... you know it's not real, right?" Clearly they didn't, he admits.

Back