• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE WrestleMania 38 Night Two Live Discussion

Who should go over in the main event?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cody Rhodes and potentially LA Knight is putting my butt in the seat tomorrow night!
wolf-of-wall-street-the-show-goes-on.gif

Outside of AJ/Edge and the opening tag, tonight did not inspire joy like last night

Overall I would say it was a fun weekend and better than the sum of its parts. Lots of fun moments , some good matches, some good surprises

I don't agree but that's a fair opinion to have. I enjoyed the "match" but if I said Austin looked great I'd be lieing. The nostalgia did it for me though and it wasnt technically great but it was an entertaining brawl. I am a sucker for my child hood nostalgia though

To be clear, I really enjoyed it the first time watching it live, just not as much as others. Upon 2nd viewing after the hype is gone its flaws really stick out. I'm the type that has 10 to 12 boxsets of wrestling DVDs and every five or six months I watch a few, so Steve Austin's best matches are still fresh in my mind.

Did I expect anything close to one of his 'best matches' last night?

Hell no.

Did I expect him to at least try to put on the absolute best match he could? Hell yeah, and I don't think that was it.

Hell, even in the promo before the match he and KO were just sitting in the chairs I was thinking. 'Oh come on. Where was THIS Stone Cold at?'

KO does a pretty good heel promo at his best and he wasn't at his best last night, but even when he was at his best he's still no where close to Stone Cold Steve Austin's league.

Yeah, Ronda made the wise choice of retiring from MMA and jumping ship to WWE after only 2 losses.

McGregor has a recent record of 1-4 in combat sports since Obama left office, and he'a going to lose repeatedly until he retires.
Also, even at his biggest he would be dwarfed by most of the roster. Ronda doesn't have that problem.

Also, even at his biggest he would be dwarfed by most of the roster. Ronda doesn't have that problem.

Exactly.

And although Rhonda isn't anywhere close to being as good as the other women on the roster, she is incredibly good for as short of a time she's done pro-wrestling.

That said, its a testament to how women's wrestling has advance so far that there's multiple wrestlers that really know how to make her look good, like how Bret Hart used to do.

I doubt Ronda is going to stick around for a few more years of a full-time schedule, but I'd be very interested in seeing how she improves.

I'm already rewatching the McAfee,Theory,McMahon,Austin ordeal again, because it was so fun/refreshing to see someone so over. Imagine knowing that Pat McAfee had a Wrestlemania victory, a match against Vince, and received a stunner from Stone Cold Steve Austin back to back to back in the same night. Basically a live broadcast of a dream wrestling fan "fantasy camp".

Last edited:
AJ Styles is the anti Shawn Michaels at Mania. Always over promises and under delivers

Is his best WM match against Shane? I liked his match against Orton as well.

Edge is a good worker, but never really put him in that upper echelon of workers like AJ. I think even Christian is a better worker than Edge. Edge makes it up with look and charisma.

Back