WTH...Sherdog middleweight rankings - No Silva

blkjack

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So, I'm not an Andy fan. Never have been. Don't like the attitude and have HATED several fights. (Leites, Maia). But seriously. He's not in the MW rankings? The guy he just lost a semi-controversial decision to (I scored it 1, 2, 4 - Bisbing) is number 6. He's not even in the honorable mention section. Robert Whitiker and Uriah Hall are in the honorable mention section. What the hell?

So, I'm not an Andy fan. Never have been. Don't like the attitude and have HATED several fights. (Leites, Maia). But seriously. He's not in the MW rankings? The guy he just lost a semi-controversial decision to (I scored it 1, 2, 4 - Bisbing) is number 6. He's not even in the honorable mention section. Robert Whitiker and Uriah Hall are in the honorable mention section. What the hell?

Sherdog removes fighters after a year of inactivity. One win will get him back in there

Sherdog removes fighters after a year of inactivity. One win will get him back in there
While I appreciate that general rule of thumb, Jon Jones last fought in Januarly of 2015. He is number one ranked fighter and not the champ.

Might have something to do with the roid suspension. See Yoel Romero.

He hasn't won a fight since he beat bonnar.

Well he hasn't beaten a ranked opponent in almost 4 years, and was out on a steroid suspension. Could have something to do with it.

Rankings don't matter

Blame it on fighting and beating a good MW who wasn't actually relevant to the division, Diaz. He deserves a ranking though, agree with TS.

0-3(1) in his last 4 fights + cheating.

You don’t get to be on the rankings when you don’t win fights.

His only win in years which was not impressive was against Diaz who moved up from WW.

Fair points. I get the PED issue. It just seems crazy to have some of those other guys above him when he is fighting again and he is so clearly better than several of them.

It's probably fair given he hasn't had a win over a middleweight in almost 4 years.

Back