Wtf standup!?

SouthernThinker

Blue Belt
Reaction score
In the Manny/Lentz fight....that stand up in the middle of the third round was ridiculous. There was action, they were grappling and out of nowhere we stand em' up?

Ref trying to get Manny KO'd to keep the excitement up imo. Of course.....I am mildly inebriated, so..

(edit)

lol. How you gon' say the fight was easy? lolol. I mean, not that it wasn't, he handled The Manvil like a boss but dang. The man is standing right there and you gon' say the fight was easy? Rude much?

Yeah..Lentz spent a majority of the fight hugging Gambi against the cage, but Manny only gets 20 seconds on top.

Lentz was about to sweep Manny, actually

That's why I made the thread. Not that I'm so BJJ savy that I -knew- Lentz was about to hit a sweep but I could plainly see that they were working and things were happening. Who was the ref?? Anybody remember?

It was a bad stand up, but I don't think it had any impact on the result of the fight, nothing to get mad over. Lentz is really a suffocating fighter, do not let that guy tie up with you.

Lentz is everything wrong with the sport.

Dragging the fight out because he doesn't have to do too much to get the decision.

It's not fighting, it's anti-fighting.

Rape prevention.

It didn't impact the fight, and I was rooting for the guy with my name, but that stand-up pissed me off. Really horrible stand-up.

Yeah, it was a horrible stand up, but I've seen worse. I remember Rogan flipping out because that female ref did a stand up when a fighter was in the middle of a submission attempt.

i can tell this fight is a snoozer just by reading posts

Back