wtf?? no shields vs maia thread?

spiderguardman

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This might be the biggest grappling duel ever in the ufc and no thread here?

Im really hoping both guys are coming to grapple and try to submit each other.

I know demian has better credentials and has been on a tear lately but shields is no joke and will bring it.

I got maia by close decison.

I don't think it will be a very exciting grappling match since it's MMA. Like 50% standing and 50% grinding on the fence.

I'm really interested to see how this fight goes. Maia has really been on a tear lately, and I think that he might just be a bit (not a lot) better in every area of MMA than Shields. I can't see Shields wanting to take him down (although he says that he does), and I think that Maia is a better striker, especially with the threat of the takedown. Since cutting to welterweight, Maia's strategy has mostly been press forward>clinch>fence>chain takedown attempts aggressively>get dominant position>submit, and I think he has a decent chance of doing just that in this fight. It may not be as one-sided as Story or Fitch, but I still see him pulling out the win.

shields = recipe for extreme boredom

Probably no discussion about it because it's not really an exciting matchup, nor a dangerous matchup for Maia to be honest.

I've been expecting a clear cut 30-27 in Maia's favor since the matchup was announced. Or 50-45 if it's a 5'er.

Im a big fan of maia but relisticly i think whoever gets top position will have an advantage on the ground.

Shields has a crushing top game and maia couldnt do much against munoz or weidman from guard.

Still i think maia is a slight favorite but stylevise its tougher than people think.

I don't really axpect the Just Bleed God to bless this matchup.

I hate it when there's a good high teir grappler vs grappler match up and the fight turns into a bad kickboxing match. Hopefully we get to see some good technique from these guys.

It's gonna be the WW version of Monson vs Pe De Pano. And just as exciting :icon_neut

I believe it will be 99% stand up fight... Hopefully no lay n pray cause thats doesn't do much...

I hope for Jake shields sub in 3rd round

I hope you're joking. Shields has as much charisma as mayonnaise and is just is boring.

Either way Maia is better everywhere. UD, sub and tko by Maia in that order.

Back