Wtf at Mendes' matchup

Mendes just living up to his nickname by maximising his KO/Sub of the night chances.

Although admittedly on that card the Sub of the Night is 95% going to be Housey's Harmbar. He'd better go for the KO.

The UFC should do this with more guys more often. Builds hype for potential rematches

Dont count manny out bro.

he is getting the Fitch, Okami, DHK kinda treatment. He'll need a long streak of wins to get another one. They would rather give the chance to KZ who is way more marketable and is also Exciting as fuck if you don't think so u are fucking weird.

#2 FW in the world is can crushing...

IN THE UFC!

I think they are trying to protect challengers for the next 2 years by letting Mendes smash dudes in the 30-20 range. They will give him a shot again if Aldo loses or they run out of other match-ups.

Team Alpha Male .. Might as well be called Team Challenger... they are groomed and pushed as former/future champions in a way that is getting tired. Sorry .. not a fan. Sorry.

As for the Cody fight ... meh.. neither deserve a gimme gimme fight. Cody had his chance with people he "might be competitive" against. It's a tough break that he ends up against Mendez. But them's the breaks.

Don't see Mendez challenging

Don't like any of them, sorry.

akiyama is one loss away from a title shot. Every loss he gets moves him up in the rankings.

he's putting on very little mileage in these first round TKO's lol

Mileage? He knocks them out in under a minute. Mendes gets more mileage on him by a light heavybag session than those fights. Let him make money. If he keeps winning he is bound to fight for number 1 contender, especially when Aldo moves up to lightweight after smashing Frankie.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Chad-Mendes-38393

Don't make it sound like he does it on a regular basis because he does not when he faces good competition.

What I meant by "mileage" was... waste time on people he shouldn't be fighting. Like Anderson fighting Weidman right now is a waste of mileage. I want to see bigger fights.

Gamburyan's a quality opponent, don't hate on him. He KO'd Mike Brown faster than Aldo did, and since then he's only lost to Aldo (arguably the FW GOAT), Tyson Griffin (in a very close fight that could've been a draw, and not to mention Tyson Griffin, despite having on-and-off performances, has always had the potential to be a world-beater, and that night he was very much on), and Diego Nunes (one of the top contenders at FW).

It might be a strange matchup, just considering their recent fight history, but don't hate on Gamburyan cuz' of it. It would still be a good win for Mendes.

he is getting the Fitch, Okami, DHK kinda treatment. He'll need a long streak of wins to get another one. They would rather give the chance to KZ who is way more marketable and is also Exciting as fuck if you don't think so u are fucking weird.

Best reasoning ever.

But yeah the match ups are kind of ridiculous. I like how McKenzie's first fight in the UFC was basically the second best guy in the division, no warm up fight nothing even relatively competitive. Then again Cody is about as marketable as a bag of wet leaves.

I actually really like this fight. With Manny's judo, he should negate Chad's takedowns, or at least prevent/stuff some of them. Manny has power in both in his hands, and his striking is great. What some people dont realize is Manny actually last longer against Jose Aldo than Chad did. Manny made it into the second round. I know that doesnt mean shit, because they both got knocked out, but this is gonna be a really great fight. Stoked.

Manny was a top 10 FW for a while, he still could be, depending on who you ask

If he can't beat Aldo but he can beat everyone else in the division maybe he should drop a weight class

Back