WSOF pres Ray Sefo to discuss Palhares' actions on MMA Hour today with Ariel

I hope they strip and van him. He doesn't need to fight anymore. He's gonna seriously fuck someone else up he already fucked up Mike Pierce.

This is a joke. Palhares is a great fighter.

BlackandwhiteKnobbyChicken.gif

Rousimar Palhares MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Brutal. Hopefully they strip him and fire him. I'm amazed Shields isn't in a sling. Palhares cranked his arm a good 6 inches after the tap.

He let go of the sub pretty quickly after the referee stepped in, IMO.

If the hammer is coming because of the alleged eye pokes that no-one can produce any clear gifs or still images of, that sucks. Lame to lose such a dynamic champion a a result of bitching from a proven dirty eye-gouger like Jake.

gsppoke2_medium.jpg

KJq4Q.gif

shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif

yeah, because there is no difference between catching someone with a finger during an attempt at a strike/clinch and what palhares did from the bottom...

I honestly don't have much of an issue with the stoppage, amazing win for treestump. Mazz did a horrible job and palhares is paying the price, also jake isn't getting backlash for throwing that punch late?

I honestly don't have much of an issue with the stoppage, amazing win for treestump. Mazz did a horrible job and palhares is paying the price, also jake isn't getting backlash for throwing that punch late?

That's been the most amazing thing about this is Jake punched him after the bell and literally nothing is being done about it. No one even wants to talk about it. Brilliant move by Jake.

Go ahead and toss Shields a suspension too then. Fucking hypocrite cry babies.

Go ahead and toss Shields a suspension too then. Fucking hypocrite cry babies.

Your just too good for this world.

Shields threw a punch after the fight was over

Maybe Palhares 's trainer should take a picture of that and cry about it

if palhares gets banned and stripped of his title it will be crazy. A fighter gets punished for finishing a fight;

meanwhile, crying to ref like a pussy soccer player and throwing punch after the bell is acceptable. sorry if this sounds insensitive, until I see actual evidence of the eye pokes I find this situation blown out of proportion.

I have been looking at the GIF over and over again and I think Mazagatti is more to blame than Palhares is.

Shields is frantically tapping, but you don't stop till the ref says it's over. From the moment Mazagatti touches Palhares it takes about 1.5 second for Palhares to stop cranking.

Mazagatti is too far away from the action and arrives quite a bit after Shields starts tapping and on top of that he is not positioned correctly. He approaches Palhares from the back and starts tapping on Palhares as well. He should have been closer to the action and positioned to approach Palhares from his sides or front to be able to shove him off.

Well I think they're both atrocious.

I have been looking at the GIF over and over again and I think Mazagatti is more to blame than Palhares is.

Shields is frantically tapping, but you don't stop till the ref says it's over. From the moment Mazagatti touches Palhares it takes about 1.5 second for Palhares to stop cranking.

Mazagatti is too far away from the action and arrives quite a bit after Shields starts tapping and on top of that he is not positioned correctly. He approaches Palhares from the back and starts tapping on Palhares as well. He should have been closer to the action and positioned to approach Palhares from his sides or front to be able to shove him off.

Mazzagatti is a terrible referee, but it can't be denied that Palhares holds longer than necessary.

Mazzagatti is a terrible referee, but it can't be denied that Palhares holds longer than necessary.

Not longer than necessary. That's too gently stated. He holds long to make a point. He holds for malice.

Not longer than necessary. That's too gently stated. He holds long to make a point. He holds for malice.

I really don't think he's doing this on purpose to be malicious, I just think he doesn't know his own strength. Look how fast Shields is tapping, its almost immediately after the sweep is done. No one gets taps that quick so consistently, his strength and technique are just that good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should be punished for this sort of thing. Malicious intent or not this is not one incident and he can seriously injure someone but I really think he's more of a dumb oaf than a malicious fighter.

I really don't think he's doing this on purpose to be malicious, I just think he doesn't know his own strength. Look how fast Shields is tapping, its almost immediately after the sweep is done. No one gets taps that quick so consistently, his strength and technique are just that good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should be punished for this sort of thing. Malicious intent or not this is not one incident and he can seriously injure someone but I really think he's more of a dumb oaf than a malicious fighter.

Do you know his history in grappling as well? Palhares is missing the switch to know what is appropriate and what isn't.

Do you know his history in grappling as well? Palhares is missing the switch to know what is appropriate and what isn't.

I think I've only seen his matches from ADCC 2013 and he had some funny business with David Avellan that year. Even then though you can see what I'm talking about; Avellan taps really quickly.

Again, I'm not excusing it because he has a history of it and malice or not he should stop or face punishment.

One of the best descriptions I've seen. This is a chronic disregard for the wellbeing of opponents throughout his competitive career and let's not forget the repeated eye gouging. This incident by itself would warrant a fine and withdrawal of his bonus but with his long term history this seems to be the end of the road for Palhares in American markets, time to look forward to Palhares vs. Askren in ONE.

Back