Wristlock to break arm bar defence?

snowman22

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Is there a no gi instructional that covers using a wristlock to break arm bar grip?

Does fujiwara cover it in submission master?

ahhh i filmed a really good video of loads of ways to break the grip, inc the wristlock but it was when our aircon was broken and the lens kept steaming up really badly. I might have time to do it again sometime though

Thanks for looking. Be good of you do get round to doing a no gi wristlock to break arm bar defence.

if you're in s-mount or sitting on the side, lace the arm closest to their head underneath their forearm, grab your wrist, and gooseneck the near wrist into your chest with a kimura grip. don't attack the hand down towards the wrist, but along the knuckles, and think of it as a scooping motion.

There a kind of pseudo wristlock you can do, in the sense that it lets you transfer a lot of torque and pressure through the wrist to uncork the arm.

I've never seen it named specifically so im just gona call it 'pulling the plunger'.

>inb4>honda

I think Calasan's Giant Killing wrist lock section has something on this. Incidentally I got wrist locked in my pro match last weekend, that shit was awful. Total surprise, first time I'd had a serious wrist lock thrown at me maybe ever (at least by someone competent). Also incidentally, it was a wrist I injured in training, and he wrist locked me the opposite way of my training sprain so now it hurt both pronated and suppinated! And I had to have my wife open a jar of jam for me! Hurray for grappling!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back