Wrist pain

SlowlyWeRot**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've had a pain in my wrist for a while now, for many months since I started training. It doesn't hurt normally, but if I try to do dumbell curls for example I get a pretty harsh pain and I can't do them. I went to the doctor after it appeared, and he told me it was just an injured ligament (forget exactly what he said), and all I was supposed to do was ice it for a while and not do anything to strain it of course. I did that, but it never went away, and persists still months after. What should I do? Anyone had any experience with something like this?

Sounds like tendonitis to me, it'll last, and come and go! Just take a break from any heavy/demanding work to it for a few weeks! Take ibuprofen, it's inflammation, so ibuprofen will reduce the swelling and pain!

i had wrist problems, do you wrap your hands before you work the bag?

I've had a pain in my wrist for a while now, for many months since I started training. It doesn't hurt normally, but if I try to do dumbell curls for example I get a pretty harsh pain and I can't do them. I went to the doctor after it appeared, and he told me it was just an injured ligament (forget exactly what he said), and all I was supposed to do was ice it for a while and not do anything to strain it of course. I did that, but it never went away, and persists still months after. What should I do? Anyone had any experience with something like this?

Stop lifting weights if you just started. When I started boxing I stopped all my weight training - it's just too much stress on the wrists.

Heck I'm playing golf right now and it's STILL aggravating my hand pains

Back