Wright vs Hopkins

bhop got robbed in both taylor fights and so did winky in his 1 fight with JT

I'm a Bernard Hopkins guy and think it's his fight to lose but Winky will be a tougher fight than Tarver. If he could land the right hand and some nice uppercuts through the guard I can see him pulling it out. However judges think in strange ways and I don't see either guy finishing the other.

The best part on the countdown was Winky straight feening for some Krispy Kremes like he had some severe blunt munchies lol. I also liked the part where the kid in N. Philly says, "he's about to be 10-0 against southpaws.."

yeah its tough for me to root against BHOP, only the 2nd time I ever have, 1st time was against Oscar, even though I knew BHOP would beat him.

Who is Demetrius robbing of a win this weekend? I glanced on ESPN and it still says TBA,

I think Winky takes this fight, but it most likely will be boring as hell. However, Tarver proved me wrong big time the last time I doubted Hopkins.

I've wanted to see this fight for a long time, because it's between two of the best technical boxers out there. I'm leaning towards Hopkins because of his past track record vs. southpaws. Hopkins has a very good, sneaky right hand (witch is the weapon of choice vs. southpaws).

Lennox, next time he gets all controversial, please end his nite early. We need to see a pan from the ring, to the annoucers table as Larry begins to expound on the fact Cesar Chavez was really all hype, just then you land a devastating shot to Larrys chatter box. That wouldbe better than any current match up they can come up with.

I'd love to know where I could get betting odds on a draw.

I think that Hopkins was draining himself to make 160 in his last couple of fights, the weight wasn't an issue at all when he was younger, but when you're 40 years old that can make a big difference.

Hopkins looked much healthier against Tarver at 175, styles make fights and I think wright is perfect for Hopkins. Hopkins will jump in with lead left hooks and straight rights in a fight that looks more like Greco Roman than boxing. Hopkins by UD.

cory spinks didnt beat JT, i know im in the minority here on Sherdog about that though:icon_chee

I'm with you on this one as well. JT in my mind won enough rounds but it had to be the most disappointing performance of his career.

This will either be an o.k. fight or a snoozefest. As much as I enjoy technical boxing these two have the chemistry to make this a boring fight. I don't really see either one taking any risks. Hopefully there will be an early knock down and one of the fighters will have to step it up a few notches.

Back