Wrestling?!

bjjfighter91

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sorry for making so many posts in a short time but im tryin and out for wrestlling on my team and im curious to find out like is there some moves in bjj that i can do in wrestling. Anybody tell me what wrestling is really about?

dont try to learn anything before you try out. your coach would rather teach you everything than make you unlearn anything.

just get up off your ass and get into shape in time for try outs.

Fight_Song said:
dont try to learn anything before you try out. your coach would rather teach you everything than make you unlearn anything.

just get up off your ass and get into shape in time for try outs.

Right

bjjfighter91 said:
Sorry for making so many posts in a short time but im tryin and out for wrestlling on my team and im curious to find out like is there some moves in bjj that i can do in wrestling. Anybody tell me what wrestling is really about?
Ground movement is probably the most useful part. And takedowns.

We've had people on the forums try out wrestling, and they'd attempt, at random, submissions. Do Not choke, joint lock, leg lock, or crank any of your opponents at any time. You probably think thats obvious, but people have done it.

You CAN, however, apply some techniques to use for leverage... Turkey Bar/Americana/Kimura and the Gator Roll/Anaconda/Nog Choke are both wrestlign techniques, just with a different aim for both of them.

americana is illegal as is anything that goes against the joint. if you're not sure, just ask the coach if you're doing anything wrong and be clear you havent wrestled before.

also, dont mention your jiu jitsu background. that will save you a bunch of stupid questions and etc and people saying that shit doesnt work and you wanting to prove it and hurting some fool.

Back