Wrestling vs BJJ

jarra22

White Belt
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the pros and cons of wrestling and BJJ are and what one teaches better than the other does.

Pros and Cons, and better under what scenario? you are basically asking what's better orange or apple?

I could say that orange juice is better with vodka, but apple pies are really delicious, but what's the point.

One pro of wrestling is that it's introduced in schools at a relatively young age and it's free.

Pros and Cons, and better under what scenario? you are basically asking what's better orange or apple?

I could say that orange juice is better with vodka, but apple pies are really delicious, but what's the point.

ha fucking awesome

I won't speak on behaf of BJJ but for wrestling:

If you live in America you can start as early as 3 years old and support continues as long as you want to compete in most cities. Free. Access to diff styles (folk, free, and greco)
Wrestling is about controling your opponent. Wrestling teachs you takedowns, clinch, stopping takedowns. Wrestlers tend to be top notch scramblers. Wrestlers tend to have great condtioning. Wrestlers tend to alwasy be on weight.

weaknesses tho involve not really about finishing opponent. wont help you with multiple attackers. bc other than takedowns it is more defensive oriented than offensive size difference comes into play more so than bjj.

So depends on the application on which one will work best for you.

Back