Wrestling terms ** VERY VERY NOOB**

Foppa21

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Ok guys. I don't wrestle and have never followed wrestling as a spot ever. So could someone like answer a simple question for me.

Please don't say search the internet cos I'm at work and a lot of sites are actually blocked (thank god sherdog isn't). I know one way to win is to pin but what do you guys mean when you say "tech'd his ass"??

Cheers

I'd assume it would be winning decisively via pin or via points by a large margin by using superior skills and technique. Pretty much the same as owning them.

Foppa21 said:
Ok guys. I don't wrestle and have never followed wrestling as a spot ever. So could someone like answer a simple question for me.

Please don't say search the internet cos I'm at work and a lot of sites are actually blocked (thank god sherdog isn't). I know one way to win is to pin but what do you guys mean when you say "tech'd his ass"??

Cheers

How old are you, sir?

if you have 15 points more than your oppenent thats called a technical win and they stop the match...

Wrestler101 said:
if you have 15 points more than your oppenent thats called a technical win and they stop the match...
beat me. It shows complete domination.

Technical fall/superiority. It's scoring enough points over your oppionent to end the match. I think baseball has a similar mercy rule.
In freestlye/greco the a tech is winning both periods by 6 points.

Wrestler_Piper said:
Technical fall/superiority. It's scoring enough points over your oppionent to end the match. I think baseball has a similar mercy rule.
In freestlye/greco the a tech is winning both periods by 6 points.
little league baseball does.

At one grappling tournament I was at they actually had a simular rule. If you were ahead by 12 or more points you automatically won. While in wrestling a technical pin means you won by outscoring the opponent by 15 or more points, we didn't have a name for that in grappling. Therefore, my friends and I called it a technical submission. Not the most accurate, but about the same as the wrestling nomenclature.

I won a single match by technical submission, but I won the rest through real subs. What's odd is that two of the people I fought were very good wrestlers. That rule favored them; fuel for the fire? ;-)

Tech Fall is if you have a 15 point advantage over your opponent they will stop the match. Getting pinned sucks. Getting tech'd is embarrassing. Getting almost tech'd (13 or 14 point lead) and prinned in the same match is total ownage. Try to avoid this when possible....

Folkstyle Scoring:
Win your match by less than 8 points= decision and the team gets 3 points.
Win by 8-14= Major decision and your team gets 4 points
Win by 15= Tech fall and your team gets 5 points
win by pin and your team gets 6 points.

You score during a match by takedown=2 points
Escape=1 point
Reversal=2 points
Near Fall= either 2 or 3 points depending on how long you expose his shoulder to the mat. 3 seconds = 2 points, 5 seconds and more=3 points
Ofcourse a pin ends the match. Pin is holding the shoulders down flat for 2 seconds.

To tech a man's ass Internationally, you only need a 6 point spread in 2 seperate rounds.

CanarioFalante said:
To tech a man's ass Internationally, you only need a 6 point spread in 2 seperate rounds.

Your AV friggin rocks

Back