wrestling boots

Foolkiller

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature!
Reaction score
I was wondering what people what recommend as a top quality wrestling shoe? I'm leaning towards Adistars but have heard good things about the Super Slay and Cael boots out there.

I personally don't like the super-slay. And the first version of the cael shoe is laceless, which some people don't like, although the second version that just came out is a little different and does have laces. I myself use asics split second v for wrestling compeition and adidas adi-star (a really nice shoe) for mma training. I'd definatley recommend the adi-star. And check out wrestlingdirect.com they have the best selection of shoes, and all wrestling gear.( Not sure if they ship to overseas, though.)

Superbeast said:
I was wondering what people what recommend as a top quality wrestling shoe? I'm leaning towards Adistars but have heard good things about the Super Slay and Cael boots out there.

If you mean the Cael Sanderson's made by Asics, they are fucking awesome quality. and they do have laces... I don't know why people say they don't. They just don't have the traditional cover for the laces, it's a velcro, which suprinsingly is very sturdy.

Here's a pic of mine

I know that Asic's is releasing a "Cael v2.0" sometime soon, or it might be out right now I'm not entierly sure. but i can highly recommend these for jujitsu/mma/cswrestling.

I got mine from http://asics.eastbay.com/ they ship overseas to me in australia, didn't take a long time. came in a nice big box, great service. (revision: they don't seem to be selling them anymore... wtf -.-)

~Foz

I got the Caels shipped to my house on the release date two years ago and they still look & feel like when I got them. The only problem I have is that the velcro can mess-up the lycra covers.

http://www.clubbell.tv/cborder.html

On this site they have something called the ultimate grappling shoe. I think I have a Koulikov DVD set where he is wearing a pair. Anyone else here familiar with these and got an opinion on them?

Back