Wrestlemania 34 LIVE PBP and discussion - Chestlemania is running wild !

Match of the night ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i know braun got pinned by only one at summerslam
because he Shane Carwin'd himself. lol To be real though, even though everyone at our party couldn't wait for Mania to end, Brock winning was a major shock.

no build, was unnecessary, and its probably to just hotshot the angle again for backlash

not a good move, imo
Maybe so, I haven't watch in a bit now. It's been painful seeing the WWE drop the ball so often.

they’ve been building to Roman kicking out of it but no one cared

if thats the case i honestly dint know that
i havent watched raw in about a month, so thats news to me.
either way, the match was lackluster i liked it to start with the hard hitting stuff, but after kick out #3 on a F5 i just assumed Roman was winning.
brock winning was a major surprised to everyone that i was with.

feel bad for roman though, worst booked wrestler i can remember in a LONG time.

Match of the night was Rollins/Miz/Balor OR Charlotte/Asuka, arguements could be made either way.
One match featuring The Miz, the other featuring two wrestlers who have both worked very closely with The Miz recently - in the Mixed Match Challenge finale, which he of course won. The Midas touch should be re-named The Mizanian touch, because everything he touches turns to gold.
tumblr_p31rx5lP8N1u1ljrzo2_540.gif

either way, the match was lackluster i liked it to start with the hard hitting stuff, but after kick out #3 on a F5 i just assumed Roman was winning.

i think they’d rather keep the title on Brock especially if he has a UFC match on the horizon. Double the publicity and WWE doesn’t have to pay a dime.

Wrasslemania sucked.

Chestlemania was the best event of the weekend.

Followed by JJSB2.

BAY BAY

My WM34 Thoughts

Show is too goddamn long, 7 hours of wrestling is too much, that's 1 hour away from a full time job. The good manias were only 4 hours and 1 preshow match.

- Andre Battle Royal (Matt won, The match means nothing)
- Cruiseweight Title Match (Neither guy was over enough to try the tell the story they did and Alexander's overselling killed the match)
- Women's battle royal (Legit Naomi won like 20 minutes after it happened)

Main Show
-IC match was MOTN for me, LGBT+ Balor already sucks, The demon can never be taken seriously again. Right guy won
-Charlottle vs Asuka. Good match, good they ended Asuka's streak, she would have gotten XPac heat going unbeaten for another year
-US title match (Glad Jinder won, didn't care for anyone else)
-Mixed Tag Match (Crowd was hot for it, match was way better than it should have been, Kurt should never wrestle again, he can't barely walk)
-Smackdown Tag Team (Triple Threat Squash, BB look hot, great time to call up AOP)
- Cena/Taker (Keep it short which is good but No Biker Taker makes this look stupid for so many reasons, I guess the WM33 retirement means nothing now)
-Daniel Bryan's Return (Match was ok, felt flat for a match with 3 guys who are suppose to be able to go in the ring)
-Nia vs Bliss (Nia's outfit showed more than Bliss which is not a good thing, this should have been a 2 minute squash, not a 10 minute match)
-AJ vs Nak (The 6 star Japanese classic was a bore, no sugarcoating, this match was dull but glad AJ won)
-Raw Tag Title match (Unless Nicolas was a legit Make a Wish Kid, this is the dumbest thing since Mr. T boxing)
-Brock vs Roman (Match was a mess, Spamming finishers, Slow as shit pace, Asshat fans trying to hijack, and then it looked like they rushed the finish when Roman started bleeding too much. Worst Mania Main Event Since LT and Bam Bam and that match was better)

This was probably the worst Maina since 27, middle of the road and totally forgetable overall

Seriously. That guy and Bayley were living, breathing money mints and the creative dept figured that they had to fix that somehow. Roman's not being pushed; he's shouldering the load.

Men's Battle Royal - Fine for what it was. Glad to see Hardy win with a returning Bray Wyatt. What I didn't like is that Bray is seemingly no different than when he faced Hardy. I wish he would have had different attire, hair change, just something to show us visually he is a new/different character. I hope this isn't just "Bray Wyatt with Matt Hardy" instead of a real gimmick change.

Alexander Vs Ali - This was solid. Both guys got in some great offense even with the limited time they had. Alexander vs Ricochet could be awesome to keep pushing 205 Live.

Women's Battle Royal - Fine for what it was. I liked the surprise ending of Naomi winning and the further build up of Sasha/Bayley. Glad they got a bunch of NXT girls in there and they got a little moment with the NXT chant. I would have preferred an NXT talent winning here but I have no complaints.

IC Title - Great opening. Exactly what Mania needed to start the show off. Solid match. I would have preferred Balor but no problems at all with Rollins winning. Maybe this means Rollins is getting pushed back into the main event scene.

SmackDown Women's Championship - Solid match with a complete shit ending. Asuka tapping out and then being all friendly and hugging Charlotte was horrendous to watch. I absolutely hate Asuka losing here. The ending was not even built up and seeing Asuka tap was awful. I think it really hurts Asuka to lose here. I am tired of Charlotte having every big Mania moment for the women. Worst finish of the night without a doubt. Asuka's whole "SHAR LOT!! YOU ARE READY FOR ASUKA!" was so bad and felt completely out of place.

Taker/Cena - Disappointed we didn't get the "American Bad Ass" but thats not a big deal for me. It was fine for what it was. I don't agree with having Taker come back for what was essentially a squash segment but whatever. I was fine with Cena being squashed but I don't know, it just felt very forgettable. Elias was good though.

US Title - Quick filler match which I guess I am not surprised about. It was short and to the point. I think everyone agrees Rusev should have won but Jinder is fine. Forgettable.

Rousey/Angle vs Triple H/Stephanie - I can't believe I am going to say this but this was the match of the night! Rousey did 100 times better than I thought she would and she really impressed me tonight. The match was great and Rousey did not look out of place. I was ready to write Rousey off but she convinced me otherwise tonight. Looking forward to seeing her compete in the future.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship - Too short! Felt like the ending came out of nowhere and ended just as it was getting good. No problem with Bludgeon Bros. winning but this could have been so much better than it was.

Bryan/McMahon vs Owens/Zayn - Fine for what it was. I didn't like Bryan being taken out for half the match but whatever. Great seeing Bryan back in the ring but nothing really stood out for me. Felt like a match you could see any week on TV.

Raw Women's Championship - Hated it. Nia should have squashed Alexa. Waste of time. Dud for me.

Raw Tag Team Championship - Great! It was more of a segment type of deal but I actually liked Strowman picking a kid out of the crowd. Nicholas is gonna be a star amongst fans.

AJ/Nakamura - Completely disappointing. Maybe I hyped this up too much in my head and there was no way it was ever going to live up to the expectations but it felt off. They never really got going and the match was nothing like their NJPW encounter. Nakamura turning heel was the right way to go I think because he had nothing left after going 0-3 in WWE Championship matches.

WWE Universal Championship - Crowd seemed out of it by this point. The amount of punishment Roman was taking and kicking out from was getting ridiculous. Roman should have won and I think thats something a lot of people didn't think before the show. I hate Lesnar as champion. Hopefully something crazy happens on Raw where he loses it. Roman bleeding was a nice touch and damn was he leaking. First time I ever actually felt sympathy towards Roman and wanted to see him win.

Overall I think this show is pretty forgettable. It wasn't the worst Mania but it certainly wasn't near the top, just average/middle of the pack. Surprised no Carmella cash in but maybe it wasn't the right time to do it. WWE really needs to do a draft shake up again as the storylines are dragging and becoming repeats of what we have already seen. I definitely agree with everyone else saying the show is way too fucking long. If thats the main event you are going with there is no way the crowd is going to be into it after 6+ hours of wrestling already. I also can't wait to spark one up and re-watch some of the show using the VR technology. That's gotta be a trip.

Last edited:

No one should be kicking out of anyone's finisher 6 times

Seriously. That guy and Bayley were living, breathing money mints and the creative dept figured that they had to fix that somehow. Roman's not being pushed; he's shouldering the load.
Bayley has it way worse.

they keep making her look like a geek. they have her make one stupid decision after another. It’s like Sting with Lex Luger.

ronda looked pretty good tonight imo

Bayley has it way worse.

they keep making her look like a geek. they have her make one stupid decision after another. It’s like Sting with Lex Luger.

bayley got a fat ass too

Back