• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social WR Lounge v 233, I Did Warn You This Was Coming

Most frequently repurchased brand of sneakers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I filed mine a week after and got my Federal return in like 1.5 weeks. Still waiting on my state return but Utah is slow as shit to send that to us.

I filed February 10.... this is what the "check the status of your return" page says for Utah for me:

Whichever is LATER?!

Lol the whichever is later date is when they have to start accruing and paying you interest if you don't get a refund by that date.

I guess the statutory deadline is March 1st and all they're saying is that if you file your return after the statutory due date the clock on interest you are due doesn't start running until 120 days past when you filed. But if you file your return early the clock doesn't start running until March 1st

I don't think I've ever seen anything by David Lynch.

Mulholland Drive seems like it might have a LA Confidential feel to it and Eraserhead took place in Philly so I should probably watch that

Lol the whichever is later date is when they have to start accruing and paying you interest if you don't get a refund by that date.

I guess the statutory deadline is March 1st and all they're saying is that if you file your return after the statutory due date the clock on interest you are due doesn't start running until 120 days past when you filed. But if you file your return early the clock doesn't start running until March 1st
Lllllllaaaammmmmmmeeeeeeeee. Grumble

It's like when I find money I've hidden away in my tool bag and BOOM! new money
My federal return went to repairing my sunroof. My state return will likely pay off a CC unless I get the stimulus first in which case if that happens it will go to a bill of some kind, just not a CC.

It honestly bends belief that the American conservative movement can be so bereft of any creative talent. Like the shots of the guy confronting God or the dude getting shot in the chest....how do those get past editing?

Also, the cast is wild. In addition to the litany of right wing pundits like Lindell and Lahren, there are just random C-list celebrities like Jamie Kennedy and Steven Guttenberg lol.

David Mamet is OK. James Ellroy has done a lot of great work, though it's been a while. John Milius is a legend. Not sure if this came up in the WR or if you saw it, but Current Affairs had a piece that gets to some of the problem: Satanic Panics and the Death of Mythos ❧ Current Affairs.

So how did mythos and logos explain evangelical Christians’ hatred of spooky monster games? According to Armstrong, fundamentalist forms of religion—such as the schools of Christianity that dominated the Reagan years—collapsed these two worlds of understanding into one. One might think that mythos was the preferred realm of evangelicals, since they believe so strongly in God. But no—it’s logos that they love, and mythos they have no use for. For example, other schools of Christianity could understand Genesis as truth without it being literally true; God could have handed down to mortals a story about the Earth’s creation that imparted some kind of divine meaning, without negating everything logos told us about evolution and cosmology. But to fundamentalists, the Bible being true meant the Earth must have been made in seven days, because the Bible is the Word of God and every word of it is true, and true means materially and logically and scientifically true.

Dennis Hopper is dead.

Dennis Hopper will never die.

I do enjoy film noir
tumblr_mt6nllK0TC1rtx5lbo1_500.gif

I don't think I've ever seen anything by David Lynch.

Mulholland Drive seems like it might have a LA Confidential feel to it and Eraserhead took place in Philly so I should probably watch that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back