Wow was the Jones interview edited. Fox sports one is so trying to save their gravy t

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by chicagoland, Jan 19, 2015.

1. chicagoland

chicagoland Orange Belt

I just got done watching the interview with John Jones on Fox sports one and I'm blown away at how edited the interview is. Within the first 30 seconds they can't even allowed Jones to say where he was when Dana White let him know of the positive drug test. They then switched toA more canned response that he was in Albuquerque New Mexico with his family. The whole interview reeks of Fox trying to do a hard interview when in fact it's a total softball.

I could care less about Jones doing drugs before the fight and I hope he gets some treatment but I hate all the marketing BS that goes on to try and make a fighter look good in the eyes of the fans.

2. AhuraMazda

AhuraMazda Purple Belt

Ya i knew it would be that way right when i saw that it was some dumb blonde white chick who is better fit to tell us the weather then to interview jon about that horrible cocaine that is illegallzz.

3. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Red Belt

Can I watch this online

4. I Hate You

I Hate You _________________

Yeah, that interview was nothing but a fluff piece... a fluff piece of shit. They actually made him look worse, which I didn't think was possible.

5. Rittsy

Rittsy Red Belt

I swear, half the people on this forum have never watched an interview with a sports star before. You edit these things down because they can't go for 15 minutes, and people who aren't media trained tend to ramble a lot.

6. Goh

Goh Purple Belt

Lol this.

7. HaterSlayer

HaterSlayer Black Belt

Yep, and plus Jon is media savy enough to not say anything too controversial anyway. Stuff like this makes me think that 80% of Sherdog don't watch sports outside of MMA.

8. yookfarb

yookfarb Red Belt

If you think that's bad, you guys should watch American football players getting interviewed.

9. corrupted

corrupted Black Belt

It was a bad interview not because it was edited .. what ever the reason was. It was a bad interview because no one believes a word that comes out of his mouth.

His reputation is so damaged now. The accusations of him being a fraud are so widespread and backed up with evidence that it would seem stupid to try to continue the facade.

It makes him look worse IMO.

10. Blackened

Blackened It is a new era! Double Yellow Card

It's the way "professional quality" interviews are conducted. Notice how the lighting is perfect. They use the same camera to film both of them, probably.

I prefer the interviews with small outlets as they are more real.

11. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

So it would have been a more serious interview if it was a black man?

I am trying to think of a way to take this that is not both racist and sexist.

12. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

u called him John, so I stopped reading

13. Which Doctor

Which Doctor The ATT Heel Stable/Faction Belt

#mybusiness w/ Heenan, Bockwinkle, & Covington

He trying to say this broad's got no gravitas. Capisce toots?

14. EmeliankoFan1

EmeliankoFan1 Red Belt

No one believes him ?

Come on kids, You guys on here are adults. I know some of you are angry at jones and dislike him and want to vent with your "I hate jones" temper-tantrums but lets try to keep this in the realm of sanity and not Sherdogs usual speil of irrational and pouty children.

The interview was fine and it looked like every other piece on athletes who get into drug issues. The idea that the woman was throwing softballs is ridiculous when she was given a script to read.

It made him look better because it actually gave jones *****s in his armor and I am sure he will get fans because of his cocaine cowboy exploits. Also most casual fans really dont care about these issues. It is the hardcores and usually the babies who do. The idea that casual fans gives two sh1ts what jones says in some interview about his possible cocaine cowboy exploits is beyond me.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  15. IngaVovchanchyn

I understood what he was trying to say quite clearly.

He feels that being white and female are important negative factors to consider when weighing an interviewer's gravitas. If not, why did those factors seem pertinent enough to mention?

16. UJustGotChaeld

UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

Anyone expecting anything other than fluff and scripted responses needs a reality check. That is how all of these interviews are done.

17. Robespierre

Robespierre Purple Belt

IT WAS edited, interviews have never been edited before. Conspiracy, eyepokes, DUI hurrr

18. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

AhuraMazda is actually the evil network owner from UHF...

19. Squarechoke

Squarechoke Gold Belt

So just because it was similar to others it means that it can't be bad? And the woman can only throw softballs if she comes up with her own questions on the spot? These are some really weird points you're making here.

This was your standard damage control interview and meant to show off things as positively as possible. Not somewhere we get any useful information from in either direction as we'd get these comments regardless of how the situation really is.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  20. IngaVovchanchyn

Lol. UHF. Every decade I remember that rewatch that movie and rediscover how funny it was.