Wow S.A.M.B.O. fighters are sick grapplers!

humper3000

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I always thought Bendo was one of the top wrestlers in all of MMA but seeing him grapple against Khabilov shocked me. I feel like Khabilov was winning in the clinch and on the takedowns which should be hard because Bendo has good hips from taekwondo and wrestling. Bendo's still a beast but man I would've liked to see Khabilov not gas as fast as he did. It looks like SAMBO should be part of the next generation of fighters cause it just seems so dominant.

P.S. Anyone know any good SAMBO schools in NYC?

Bendo was thoroughly out-grappled by Thomson.

But yeah sambo clearly is a good base to get into MMA.

I thought the same. Bendo won, but I can't recall anyone giving Bendo as much trouble with the takedowns/grappling as Khabilov did (finish aside).

I noticed that bendos hip bones are tiny, must be the reason why he's so flexible there.

As good as Rustam is, I believe Khabib is on another level

I thought the same. Bendo won, but I can't recall anyone giving Bendo as much trouble with the takedowns/grappling as Khabilov did (finish aside).

How about Thomson just one fight ago? :icon_neut

Loved the grappling in this fight, both standing and on the mat.

Wrestler turned Judoka sends.

As good as Rustam is, I believe Khabib is on another level

Khabib has been fighting match after match climbing the ladder, but they decided to feed Khabilov to the wolves against the no.2? It was way too early for Khabilov. Newcomer #11 vs veteran #2, they essentially screwed the guy feeding him to the wolves.

...you're just now realizing this?

Yeah man I thought this was the fight where 2 outstanding grapplers went at it, where one is a SAMBO fighter and the other is a beast of a wrestler.

Back