Wow, Oliveira's corner made him lose the fight

Moezao

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
While trying to hold Cerrone's advancement Oliveira's corner told him to plant his feet on the mat.
Result: he lets go of Cerrone's leg, and immediately gets his guard passed. Stupid mid fight advice is stupid.

Other than that, was amazed how Cerrone was getting lit up on the feet. If Oliveira gets some ground game he'll be a contender.

he also lost to burns on the ground so... you got a point there

Alex did appear to be bullying Donald a bit on the feet. Not sure 170 is a good choice for Cerrone.

Cowboy has super legit subs. I don't think he had time to ponder his corners advice..

They wanted him to posture up they did not make him lose he did

Cowboy has super legit subs. I don't think he had time to ponder his corners advice..
That's the point, he just did what he was told without thinking about it. It was the wrong thing to do, but I don't think he'd leave the ground alive anyway.

he usually hit's back more or is more effective. I didn't think he was here
He didn't need to be. He got stung a bit with the straight right, regrouped, sensed that it was coming again, and timed an absolutely perfect takedown. Realize the takedown was the result of Cerrone getting the timing of how the punches were coming. That is effective striking, in a sense.

What the fuck, people actually get hit in fights? Get outta here. I'll believe when I see it.

He didn't need to be. He got stung a bit with the straight right, regrouped, sensed that it was coming again, and timed an absolutely perfect takedown. Realize the takedown was the result of Cerrone getting the timing of how the punches were coming. That is effective striking, in a sense.

effective striking would insinuate that you wouldn't feel the need to go for the takedown if you were winning on the feet, especially cowboy, when's the last time he was outstriking someone and decided to go for a takedown instead. I get where your coming from though.

effective striking would insinuate that you wouldn't feel the need to go for the takedown if you were winning on the feet, especially cowboy, when's the last time he was outstriking someone and decided to go for a takedown instead. I get where your coming from though.
Yeah, my point is that pure grapplers just don't have as good of a time gauging distance and timing, and movement. It was Cerrone's ability as a striker that let him get that takedown, and by how quickly he broke down Oliviera on the floor, it was the right decision.

On another note, if Conor is gonna hang out at 55 for a while, Cerrone had best get some work in with Wonderboy, pronto.

Back