Would you welcome A-list celebrities headlining UFC cards for more eyes?

Yeah but there's no fun in that. If it's like that, the celebrity should get some kind of weapon. Like a wrench or a short knife or something. Maybe brass knuckles. A spiked bat or an axe against a bigger fighter. Fights to the death.

I'd go for this:

9v9EHr.gif
Not bad. I was thinking Thunderdome style a la Mad Max
maxresdefault.jpg

Headlining? No. Would def watch some celebrities brawl though.

You saw CM Punk fight and your takeaway was you want to see more guys with zero background in the sport and hardly any athletic prowess make an ass of themselves for a large amount of money?

Celeb vs celeb as the headliner, not celeb vs pro fighter

Sad... But Justin Bieber vs Tom Cruise would do Mcgregor / Khabib numbers.
That shit would do 5mil+, but that wouldn't be enough to make them consider it.

At the end of the day, this is a business. I welcome it with open arms. It would only help the sport grow.
I'd first welcome them onto a football field. If they perform well there, we can at least guarantee the skill level of Hardy.

As long as it doesn't affect the product in the cage. If Mike Tyson handing out the BMF instead of The Rock would motivate Nate Diaz to fight harder in rounds 1, 2 & 3 vs Masvidal then it could be a really good thing.

So two people with zero athletic ability? Yeah fuck that.
one of the most beautiful things about fights is, As long as the skill level is equal, they CAN still be entertaining. you can get 2 guys of the highest level and still get a boring fight.

just like watching high schoolers throwdown out back. or two old people getting into a scuffle.

At the end of the day, this is a business. I welcome it with open arms. It would only help the sport grow.
The sport will grow on its own. It just got on ESPN this year for God sakes Id say its growing just fine lol.

I dont care about seeing non-talented idiots get bloodied up or killed ruining what tried so hard to become a sport.
Also, at the end of the day it is a business, however its trying to be a legit business not a circus. I give two shits about how many eyes are on the sport its not a business I own. I dont care about Dana Whites pockets. Im not making the money from it. Im surprised at those who do care as much as they do.

Bellator can have that audience.

Last edited:
one of the most beautiful things about fights is, As long as the skill level is equal, they CAN still be entertaining. you can get 2 guys of the highest level and still get a boring fight.

just like watching high schoolers throwdown out back. or two old people getting into a scuffle.
Sure I understand that point but why have it in the UFC? We've had enough freak shows as it is. Why not just have a separate show which offers any of the following; Celebrity Fight Night, Bum Fight Night, Old people Fight Night, midget fight night etc.

So two people with zero athletic ability? Yeah fuck that.

Being a celebrity =/= being unathletic

Plus sometimes bum fights make the best fights

They'd have hundreds of thousands of followers tuning in, so it doesn't matter if we'd personally only watch top level fighters. The event would be successfully and would lead to increAsed exposure for the actual fighters. Look at the YouTubers who boxed, they broke records, and lots of viewers who'd never watch a boxing fight watched a good portion of the card in anticipation of the main event

Being a celebrity =/= being unathletic

Plus sometimes bum fights make the best fights

They'd have hundreds of thousands of followers tuning in, so it doesn't matter if we'd personally only watch top level fighters. The event would be successfully and would lead to increAsed exposure for the actual fighters. Look at the YouTubers who boxed, they broke records, and lots of viewers who'd never watch a boxing fight watched a good portion of the card in anticipation of the main event
Do you actually have any metrics to suggest people watched the card before the two youtubers fought? Hell from the looks of it a lot of people didn't even sit down in the stadium for the Saunders fight so I doubt many would have tuned in for it online. Why dilute the UFC even more than it already has been? If exposure and increased money are the two reasons why you'd have celebrity fights why not have a separate show, even a pre show-Dana White's celebrity boxing, celebrities attempting mma, bum fighting, street fighting, etc whatever show you want and you get the best of both worlds while you avoid diluting the experience for fans who will actually be back the following week once the celebrities have taken their bloated paychecks and fucked off.

Tony jaa vs jean claude van damm
Scott adkins vs micheal jai white
Micheal b jordan vs 50 cent
Nikki minaj vs cardi b (which god damn i love both of them, they're both stunning and got nice bodies and asses)
Chris evans vs ben affleck
Vin deisel vs the rock

Im just going to stop right there because there are too many that would make the ufc more and more money lol.

Back