Would you want to see a Condit vs. Shields 2 in a 5 rounder?

Sickplicity

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I love Matt Brown but I feel Condit is way too much for him at this point.

I feel Condit is either gonna sub him to TKO him.

Anyways, Shields just beat the consensus #3 in the division in Maia & is not back in the top 10 rankings.

Condit & Shields fought over 6 years ago in which Shields won a decision.

Condit has improved leaps & bounds since then & I think he could take Shields out in a 5 rounder.

What do you guys think of this match up?

Please, it gotta be a 5 rounder. Shields would win the first 2 and Condit the last 3. 48-47 Natural Born Killer

I like it if its 5 rounds. I want to see Condit get a few more wins before challenging for the title again. Beating Shields would avenge his previous loss to him as well as get him a win over a top 10 guy.

It would be incredibly boring thanks to Mr. Shields.

There's a reason why his last name is Shields, it is clearly a warning for MMA fans to shield our eyes from the television for 25 minutes.

Yes. It's always fun seeing Condit live up to his name.

and for the record, i NEVER wan to see an exciting fighter get put in the same octagon with mr shields again..

Brown vs Condit is more exciting for sure and as a fan I can't wait

But honestly I still would pick Shields over Condit.. And I'm a very big Condit fan and don't care for Shields..

I think Condit needs better TD defense.. Shields can take down guys like Maia and other top grapplers and wrestlers.. I think he'd win a close decision

I would watch this fight if it took place in some kind of parallel universe that was exactly like ours and everything happened exactly the same way. That way I could see if it would be a good fight and let Condit use one of his fights on Shields. AKA I'd only want this fight to happen if Condit could stay off his back.

I'd go Shields. Condit has the TDD of a drunken irishman on a pogo stick and Shields is a decent wrestler with a strong top game.

Id way rather watch him fight Matt Brown yo.

If Shields can consistently get him down, which I think he could, he'd probably beat Condit again. I don't see Condit being able to sweep him and Shields is good enough to not be destroyed on the feet entirely.

I don't want to see Condit fight Shields instead of Brown.

I want this fight to happen eventually. Carlos got revenge on Kampmann and this is really the only other fight besides GSP and Hendricks i want him to get back. It should only happen if its a 5 rounder

Back