Would you switch camps if your training partners were Chad Mendes, Joe Benavidez, and Johnny Nunez?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
And your head coach is Danny Castillo?

Put yourself in Cody's shoes for a day.
What would you do?

I don’t think Chad is a coach. Soynds like je doesn’t even train year round. He just does camps.

I thought Joe B left.

Chris is supposed to be a great coach. But I don’t think TAM’s strength is any single or couple of coaches. It’s that they have a lot of good training partners in the lower weight classes.

None of them are at TAM full time. Hell, Joe B and Nunez are primarily at Xtreme Couture and Mendes is busy running his hunting business.

I feel like a lot goes into gyms and what's makes them the best place for you to train, and very little of it has to do with the star power names in the gym

Id train at team alpha male if it was the only mma gym in driving distance. If i was a professional fighter, no way. Theres so many better options.

Pay for a massive tattoo removal session and rethink my life, then consider my options for training camps. Nothing wrong with broadening your horizons as a fighter and going to different camps.

Yes but I wouldn't change camps if my training partners were Michelle Waterson, Felice Herrig and Miesha Tate. I'd be like....
feminist2.jpg

And your head coach is Danny Castillo?

Put yourself in Cody's shoes for a day.
What would you do?

well those were his training partners when he become champ. what wrong with them now that he lost to the better man

they need to find a better head coach to start and then fill in the rest. Castillo isn't very good imo.

If I was Bryan Carraway I would since Nunez is banging the love of his life now

If you followed the leadup to TJ/Cody I, none of these Sherdoggers would ever leave TAM and would be loyal to the end, even if it was a terrible option for their careers because of the almighty, 6'8, 250lb, 4% body fat Sherdoggers, it doesn't matter who they train with.

They'd stay at TAM and make them all better because of it. Just ask most Sherdoggers that posted in those threads. They'll tell you how it's snakelike to leave camps that "made" you.

Faber should just bite the bullet and throw himself into the head coaching role there. He seemed like a good coach whenever he was on TUF, surely the brand of all his other ventures is owing in part to his reputation, if his gym goes to shit then the finger will point at him.

If I'm Cody, the first thing I'm thinking is "Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

And then the thought of training with someone else makes me so mad that I punch random things in my house that's about to be foreclosed

Bryan Caraway would.

Specially when his ex girlfriend starts banging a latino while they were dating...

But their baby ended up being light blue eyed

Lol
IMG_1388.JPG

Last edited:
Back