Would you rather know when you are going to die or how you are going to die? (You can’t change the time or method of your death.)

Would you rather know when you are going to die or how you are going to die?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I had to choose, I would like to know the method of my death.

Would be interesting to see if it's a violent death or peaceful one.

grief-quotes-life-hurts-a-lot-more-than-death.jpg

Both def suck, but personally I’d rather know when.

Knowing when allows me to make plans and prioritize bucket list type things.
Knowing how but not when would just psychologically fuck me up if the cause was anything other than going peacefully in my sleep. Let’s say you find out it’s a car accident, but you don’t know when. How bad would that fuck you up every time you drove? You might have 40 years left to live, but will have all kinds of psychological trauma driving a car the whole time. No thanks.

Method, this way I could do my best to prevent it. I am pretty sure most of us go 1 of 2 ways---Heart, or Cancer. Unless there are outliers in your life like hard drugs, alcoholism or extreme hobbies.

When I die seems more practical I guess but both would take a toll on the mind. Might even cripple some people.

I already know how and when I'm going to die. 3 weeks from now trying to steal from your shed and a shotgun blast to the chest.

When. I'd have all my affairs in order, wills written, etc. I'd then be sure to take out life insurance policies for millions of dollars well enough in advance that it doesn't look suspicious.

I'd prefer to know when. If it's like when I'm 80, it's probably natural causes and allows for planning. If you're going to die in your 30's, it's most likely going to be tragic.

When.

Since I can't change the time of my death then I'd be immortal until that day. I could engage in all kinds of risky behavior, like visiting Detroit.

I think overall I would prefer not to know, but knowing when would be the most useful for planning purposes.

I'd rather know when. If I have a long time left I can just relax and not have to stress about health. If I don't have a long time I can quit my job and start working on my bucket list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back