Would you like to see more crossover between LHW and HW

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight aren't the deepest of divisions but I think there are some interesting fights where LHWs can challenge HWs. If done right, I think there are some good fights where big 205ers move up to HW for a fight if nothing interesting is available in their division. Big guys like Phil Davis, Glover, Rumble, DC, Gus etc could have some fights with some of the mid sized HWs. I wouldn't put them in against Reem or Bigfoot. Obviously the champs stay where they are and only fight in their division.

Do you think match ups between LHW and HWs could lead to some interesting fights and would be worth exploring beyond the Stipe vs Maldanado fight next week?

Possible fights
Glover vs Hunt
Phil Davis vs Schaub
Rumble vs Browne

Last edited:
They should feed Phil Davis to JDS for talking all that noise against Bones!

I'm curious to see how Jones and his skinny legs handle the inevitable move to HW.

What I'd like to see is either a 195 lb division (cruiserweight?) or a 240 lb heavyweight limit, with anything over that being super heavyweight.

There is too much disparity in the HW class and it leads to guys that should be at heavy killing themselves to make 205 and then you've got like Hendo that is too small for LH but maybe just a little too big for MW. Sonnen would fit in there too. I think a lot of the big names at LH would fit great in a a Cruiserweight division actually.

Back