Would You Buy a DVD Of A 2 Hour Interview With Your Favorite Fighter?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Do you think there would be a big market for DVDs of interviews of MMA fighters in which they are asked about what made them want to be an MMA fighter, how they got into the sport, questions about specific fights, and stories about interesting things that happen behind the scenes?

There already is a big market for "shoot interviews" of pro wrestlers meaning interviews not done in their wrestling character but just a legitimate interview where they talk about what got them interested in wrestling, how they broke into the business, questions about specific matches, stories about things that happened behind the scenes, etc.

Since there is such a big controversy on Sherdog about some MMA fans also being pro wrestling fans I'd find it especially interesting to see an interviewer have Dana White and Paul Heyman sit down in a "face off" style interview and have each explain why he thinks his profession is more interesting and more entertaining than the other. It would certainly help people who are only fans of either MMA or pro wrestling to be able to understand why other people see value in the other profession.

incredulous.gif

I'd like to see career retrospective DVDs with interviews along with their fights.

I'd buy crocops DVD for sure.

Black Beast, sign me up. Heart of a champion.

No, and I wouldn't watch it for free either. I'd just come on Sherdog and get the main talking points.

Do you think there would be a big market for DVDs of interviews of MMA fighters in which they are asked about what made them want to be an MMA fighter, how they got into the sport, questions about specific fights, and stories about interesting things that happen behind the scenes?

There already is a big market for "shoot interviews" of pro wrestlers meaning interviews not done in their wrestling character but just a legitimate interview where they talk about what got them interested in wrestling, how they broke into the business, questions about specific matches, stories about things that happened behind the scenes, etc.

Since there is such a big controversy on Sherdog about some MMA fans also being pro wrestling fans I'd find it especially interesting to see an interviewer have Dana White and Paul Heyman sit down in a "face off" style interview and have each explain why he thinks his profession is more interesting and more entertaining than the other. It would certainly help people who are only fans of either MMA or pro wrestling to be able to understand why other people see value in the other profession.
no
the internet is the place to go to here these guys speak

more dirty laundry in pro wrestling. That format fits so much better for pro wrestling.

Since thee is such a big controversy on Sherdog about some MMA fans also being pro wrestling fans I'd find it especially interesting to see an interviewer have Dana White and Paul Heyman sit down in a "face off" style interview and have each explain why he thinks his profession is more interesting and more entertaining than the other. It would certainly help people who are only fans of either MMA or pro wrestling to be able to understand why other people see value in the other profession.
IMO, 2 hours is way too long. But yeah, I think there is a huge market. Now you just have to figure out how to not suck like most of MMA media. Ariel's walking interview with Rampage is a good example of a long format interview. I'd love to see more in depth stuff like this.

My favorite fighters are not guys that you want to listen to for 2 hours.

I'd sell 200 dvds of their best fight for $200, and people would buy it

Motherfuckers around here don't even buy the ppvs and you think they'd pay for an interview? Lol that's rich.

I enjoy pro wrestling shoot interviews so I probably at least torrent some MMA interviews. Only if it's a fighter that is retired and doesn't have anything to lose though

We see MMA fighters and promoters interviewed all the time for free. The UFC specifically holds media days before all their events, and then there's post-fight interviews, plus there's media luncheons, Q&A events, Periscope chats, and Reddit AMA's. There's MMA shows and podcasts like JRE, MMA Hour, Anik-Florian, TFATK, Serra-Norton, etc.

I dont even buy the ppvs bro this is 2016 who the fuck buys dvds are you retarded

Ok so if they just do a 2 hour sit down, likely not because most of the fighters just aren't that interesting and I dont think Im gonna get a bunch of interesting stories that aren't already public knowledge. But if the UFC was gonna do something like having a fighter do alternate commentary on their fights explaining what they were thinking at particular times of the fight that might be interesting but you would need a guy like Rogan on there as well so they could have meaningful banter back and forth to keep it entertaining. There are a few guys this would work with but many of the fighters just dont seem to have the personality to do it.

Lol sorry TS. Onto your next idea bro

I don't think many people buy DVDs anymore . Maybe interviews on YouTube and get some advertisement money

Back